Media Kyle Daukus is taller than Chris

AndrewGolota48

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
b2s9ZWdjREdjNkk

Zw

Really find myself rooting for Chris Daukus now after these setbacks. Did not like how they gave him a quick turnaround against one of the absolute best HWs after coming off the KO loss to Lewis.

Last edited:
I do too. He seems like a likeable, blue collar, average Joe. I don’t think he should stay up at HW though. I bet he could do well at LHW and probably even make middleweight if he really wanted to.

LHW is a thin division though and he’d still likely be fairly fast. I’d like to see some of his BJJ and him to get a tune up figut to build his confidence back up. I think the Lewis fight hurt him and he got in there again too soon against a killer.

Kyle at one point was bigger and heavier than Chris. He obviosuly takes MMA more seriously than his older brother and lost a lot of weight and is now fighting at a reasonable weightclass.

Chris needs to follow his younger brothers example and lose some weight, the guy could definitely be a MW. At least a LHW.

GettyImages-1266507566.jpg

UFC-Chris-Daukas.jpg

Chris really needs to follow his brother's lead and drop that unneeded fat. Yeah he's got power there but he could easily make LHW and possibly MW. His choice but last two he got nasty KOed. Either more training or a change of weight-class needs to come.

he needs to drop down to 205 at least. him trying to pull the shorts over his fat when his name was being announced was awkward

He really should be dropping down or actively trying to put on some muscle.
I know looks aren't everything, but goddamn how can you call yourself a professional and come in looking like that lol

He was overestimating his abilities from the get go, I'm not going to lie, it was satisfying to see him get humbled in his last 2.

Hope he makes the right changes and bounces back at a lighter weight class.

I did wonder about that, if he was truly arrogant or simply trying to overcompensate to boost confidence. Hopefully he doesn't go off a cliff mentally after these two fights, would like to see him turn it around.

I do too. He seems like a likeable, blue collar, average Joe. I don’t think he should stay up at HW though. I bet he could do well at LHW and probably even make middleweight if he really wanted to.

LHW is a thin division though and he’d still likely be fairly fast. I’d like to see some of his BJJ and him to get a tune up figut to build his confidence back up. I think the Lewis fight hurt him and he got in there again too soon against a killer.

Sticking to a diet is fine but sticking to a diet for a guy who naturally carries extra fat and is that big in order to potentially make 185 is just different. It's absolutely life altering and it's hard to train all day everyday without getting the things your body needs in order to feel normal'ish, so 185 imo is not at all in the picture for him. Mma fans that have never cut weight have this weird belief that it's easy. Everyone is different and weight comes off easier for some and harder for others. I wrestled for a long time and cut weight often, some mma fans have a perception that it's easy to cut giant amounts of weight when in reality cutting even 6 or 8 pounds when your not full of water is really shitty.

It's somehow become the norm (for people that have no clue) to think someone can cut insane amounts of water weight because they see numbers and over the years it's just become more and more. It's not realistic to cut 30 lbs of water weight, it just isn't. For him to make MW is a struggle that I don't think you understand. I'll i'm saying is he couldn't make MW and perform to the best of his abilities and his camp would be absolute shit and that would effect his performance too. It's not realistic. I could see 205 and he could play with that but he has his advantages at HW too, so it's kinda 50/50 imo and if it's 50/50 then why bother.

GettyImages-1266507566.jpg

UFC-Chris-Daukas.jpg

Chris really needs to follow his brother's lead and drop that unneeded fat. Yeah he's got power there but he could easily make LHW and possibly MW. His choice but last two he got nasty KOed. Either more training or a change of weight-class needs to come.
He must've been sooo fat before. That's probably not cool, I feel for him

Those tits would make adesanyia jealous

Sticking to a diet is fine but sticking to a diet for a guy who naturally carries extra fat and is that big in order to potentially make 185 is just different. It's absolutely life altering and it's hard to train all day everyday without getting the things your body needs in order to feel normal'ish, so 185 imo is not at all in the picture for him. Mma fans that have never cut weight have this weird belief that it's easy. Everyone is different and weight comes off easier for some and harder for others. I wrestled for a long time and cut weight often, some mma fans have a perception that it's easy to cut giant amounts of weight when in reality cutting even 6 or 8 pounds when your not full of water is really shitty.

It's somehow become the norm (for people that have no clue) to think someone can cut insane amounts of water weight because they see numbers and over the years it's just become more and more. It's not realistic to cut 30 lbs of water weight, it just isn't. For him to make MW is a struggle that I don't think you understand. I'll i'm saying is he couldn't make MW and perform to the best of his abilities and his camp would be absolute shit and that would effect his performance too. It's not realistic. I could see 205 and he could play with that but he has his advantages at HW too, so it's kinda 50/50 imo and if it's 50/50 then why bother.
There’s no way him being that fat at 235 is him properly nourishing his body and stopping him from going to LHW. I am a former athlete myself who loves food and yeah, no way. 220 is a small LHW now and he’s got a lot more than 15 he could lose comfortably. He is like 40 pounds overweight. Cannonier went from a fat 260 to a MW and I know every bodies different but he’s fighting much larger, stronger men who are muscular at 260 - he’s at a huge disadvantage in every fight

People forget that Blaydes started out kind of skinnyfat himself before taking conditioning more seriously. He's obviously a much bigger person naturally than Daukus though.

images

Kyle at one point was bigger and heavier than Chris. He obviosuly takes MMA more seriously than his older brother and lost a lot of weight and is now fighting at a reasonable weightclass.

Chris needs to follow his younger brothers example and lose some weight, the guy could definitely be a MW. At least a LHW.

I think Kyle has the better skill set for MMA, too. I can see him staying around in the top 15 at MW for a long time, maybe even make it to a title shot some day. Chris on the other hand should really drop to LHW.

Back