Kyle Reyes

dogsdonutsdragons

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
this sucks rip. but the story. i have had this happen to family members. 2. they go into the hospital with something minor for surgery. they die after surgery from infection. whats up with that? Do they not make sure you are healthy for surgery before hand? it sounds so odd.

I'm sorry for your losses.
Would you mind elaborating further on what has happened to Kyle Reyes and who he is?
Personally, i am not familiar with him, to be frank.

I don't think he died from infection caused by surgery I read they thought he had lung failure or something. I don't know his medical history but usually people don't drop dead that suddenly from an infected wound.

Even the hospitals with the best infection prevention protocols in place are still full of sick people with all kinds of germs around.

I just had a surgery and they made me take a blood test and blood pressure and breathing and all that stuff. I've had a lot of surgeries and always had good experiences luckily. Either he had something they didnt pick up on (their fault) or he caught something the day after but they usually pump antibiotics through your iv

the fact that he had respiratory infection doesn't really sound like he had an infection in the site of his procedure. could have got secondary infection just being at the hospital, depending where he's at. they're pretty crazy right now.

In some places they don't want to keep patients for too long in the hospital after surgery because the place has diseases, so infection risk is higher. Of course that's a problem in practice as they send patients home sick. While who needs to stay is case by case. Some hospitals have a problem with long-lasting bacteria sticking around. Can be tough to contain. So sad shit like this happens frequently.

this sucks rip. but the story. i have had this happen to family members. 2. they go into the hospital with something minor for surgery. they die after surgery from infection. whats up with that? Do they not make sure you are healthy for surgery before hand? it sounds so odd.
Have friend who is EST(Environmental Services Tech AKA: Janitor/room cleaner) at Sutter Hospital. Tells me horror stories. You wouldnt believe how fucking dirty hospitals are. Veritable cess pools of germs and bacteria/viruses. There are literally areas in hospitals that would rival Calcutta as far as germ factor. Its scary but rather common to go in for something benign and leave with MRSA/staph.

Have friend who is EST(Environmental Services Tech AKA: Janitor/room cleaner) at Sutter Hospital. Tells me horror stories. You wouldnt believe how fucking dirty hospitals are. Veritable cess pools of germs and bacteria/viruses. There are literally areas in hospitals that would rival Calcutta as far as germ factor. Its scary but rather common to go in for something benign and leave with MRSA/staph.

thats sad

Were they organ donors?

My deepest sympathies, and I'm not trying to be an ass. It's a valid question though.

Back