Lack Of People Wanting To Work

Ezekiel 25:17

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Talking to a friend this morning regarding a position she's trying to fill. Outside sales for an electronics company. Starting salary is 96k. No prior experience is necessary. Plus it includes potential bonuses and benefits. Its now been a month and she still hasnt found anyone even after 17 interviews.

She said most people would literally set appointments to meet with her then cancel claiming sickness or otherwise. The ones that do show up surprisingly come with demands and usually want a remote at home position even though it states they have to report back to the office and work from office when not on the road.

Some just bring a shitty initial attitude.

The ones with actual experience want more $$$.

Back in my youth, if someone offered me a damn near 6 figure starting position with benefits, even half that, I wouldnt have flinched.

You would think that with all thats happening, with costs of living sky high, that position would be gone in seconds.

I dont even know what to make of it tbh.

If no one want's it it's probably not an attractive offer?

No offense but if the ones with experience values it at another price they probably have equal or better offers..

Whats not attractive about a job that requires zero experience yet starts you at 96k with bonuses and benefits??

Oh wait...maybe its the whole, i have to drive around and talk to other people and cant work from home part?

Normally we would have 400 applicants in our job bank any given month, we have 4 right right now. It's been like that the past 1 yr.
17.50 to start- 30 hr top out
FULL benefits after 90 days.

My daughter 15 yrs just got her 1st job. The only people that work there are the Owner, his son and three 15 yr olds. He can barely staff the store.

People want to work. They don't want to be doormats or a warm body to corporate greed .
People are taking their power back, all jobs need us , we dont need you.
It's glorious to see this happen really never thought it would in my lifetime from min. Wage all the way up to your middle level job.

Whats not attractive about a job that requires zero experience yet starts you at 96k with bonuses and benefits??

Oh wait...maybe its the whole, i have to drive around and talk to other poeople and cant work from home part?

96k garantueed? Or a sales quota?

Outdoor sales in electronics sounds a lot like selling vacuums?

I don't know man? I'm just saying the position would be filled if it was a great deal, people are stupid but not that stupid?

You just said she had 17 interviews, seems like they are qualifications after all if none of the 17 made the cut.

I’m having trouble hiring too, but I get a ton of applicants whenever I post an open position.

Considering this is second-hand information, I'm guessing there are aspects of the job description you don't know about and that aren't that great. For example maybe the job is "up to 96k" but in reality it's nearly impossible to get that many sales and most people only make like 40k. 40k might seem acceptable for Americans but it's really bad in Canadian money for Vancouver.

Kind of tired of the "no one wants to work" rhetoric, it's way more complex than that. In general people are tired of being slaves to their jobs and tired of being underpaid while upper level management rakes in a vastly inordinate amount of money. The dismantling of unions didn't help either, who really fights for workers rights anymore?
"The ones with actual experience want more $$$." surprise surprise, people with experience want to actually get paid what they think they are worth. I have a meeting with my boss after work about this very issue, I'm demanding more money and Fridays off. I guess I have a bad attitude as well? I carry my entire department and it's high time I be compensated for it, if they don't like I will gladly take my services elsewhere.

People want to work. They don't want to be doormats or a warm body to corporate greed .
It's glorious to see this happen really never thought it would in my lifetime from min. Wage all the way up to your middle level job.
Good luck finding kids nowadays willing to work for minimum wage when they can make more in 1 day making tiktok videos then a whole month at some fast food joint.

Actual, someone needs some form of job. If you aren't working then you are suckling on the government tit, which is funded by tax payers, and guess where that money is coming from...

I don't get where everyone went though. Did they just leave the work force? Seems its companies of all levels are having this issue but especially lower paying jobs

Back