Lactic Acid Buildup During HB Drills & Lead Side Kick Question

Dragonborn

White Belt
Reaction score
When I was in boxing, we used to push ourselves doing a drill that made us punch a lot non-stop and rest for 30 seconds, then jump back in and punch the heavy bag.

After about 2 minutes I my muscles felt dead and I had only 10 percent power in my punches.

So my question is, does lifting weights promote this burnt-out feeling?

And how do I improve on this?

Also:

Whenever I try a lead side kick I think I explode too hard and it feels like a bone in my knee seperates from the rest; however, there's no pain.

When this happens there's a crack or a popping sound, but I read that being explosive in mma, especially boxing was a good thing.

Just asking because I'm afraid of getting tendonitis or a condition with my joints.

When I was in boxing, we used to push ourselves doing a drill that made us punch a lot non-stop and rest for 30 seconds, then jump back in and punch the heavy bag.

After about 2 minutes I my muscles felt dead and I had only 10 percent power in my punches.

So my question is, does lifting weights promote this burnt-out feeling?

And how do I improve on this?

Also:

Whenever I try a lead side kick I think I explode too hard and it feels like a bone in my knee seperates from the rest; however, there's no pain.

When this happens there's a crack or a popping sound, but I read that being explosive in mma, especially boxing was a good thing.

Just asking because I'm afraid of getting tendonitis or a condition with my joints.

I don't know about second question. About 1st question tho, all you need is muscular endurance which is basically anaerobic training, try tabata training style or running straights on heavy bag..stuff like this.

Power lifters I know think running sprints once a week increases their tolerance to all kinds of burn.

1: Just do it more, the body will begin to build up endurance and be able to go longer before you have to quite.

2: Not what they mean by explosive. Sound like you are over extending the knee or letting it whip. Does this happen on the bag or in the air?

haha dude, literally exploding your knee is not the right kind of explosive.

Try to bring more of your weight into the side kick. "Fall" into it a little. Also, try stomping the ground hard a few times before you kick. That's about as much as you want to extend your knee. You're obviously overdoing it.

Back