• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Lando Vannata on why Petr Yan won the fight

If Yan had won, half the fans would be saying, "How the fuck does a champion get controlled on the ground for 2 rounds?".

If9FNeR.png

Aljo had more effective striking in rd 1
max.pngfont.png

Max vs Dustin 2 was a close fight and Aldo robbed Font?

I didn’t think this was possible, but if aljo won, he did so in a fashion that even furthers my belief that Yan is better than him lol

I didn’t think this was possible, but if aljo won, he did so in a fashion that even furthers my belief that Yan is better than him lol
The better man doesn't give up his back that many time.
Also he just survived on the ground in round 2-3. He got his guard passe many times and did not do anything offensively.

The better man doesn't give up his back that many time.
Also he just survived on the ground in round 2-3. He got his guard passe many times and did not do anything offensively.
I’ve watched them fight for 8+ rounds.. any time Sterling had an advantage.. he did not get much done in the way of damage or finishing, not even close.. and Yan has gotten plenty done. I said what i said, 2 rounds of back control with absolutely no offense coming from it only strengthens that belief

Aljo is an athlete and I don't think it was a robbery by any stretch, but he isn't a fighter and he'll never be very popular for that reason

Last night was one of those weird judging where the stronger finisher doesn't win the fight. I think maybe if Yan ended the fight slightly stronger then he would have got the nod. Nobody is talking about how Aljo's gas tank ain't too great. He faded towards the end and he was playing the 3 points on the ground game with Yan.

I am not a fan of Sterling.

The way I see it, round 1 was even enough and uneventful enough that it should've been 10-10. That would've given us a draw

I know fans hate that stuff, but I think more rounds should be scored that way. It seems silly to give someone a round just based on a guestimate that maybe they landed one more strike or walked toward the other guy for 10 seconds more.

I was talking about how they aught to be not what they are.

Defense shouldn't score, if it did it would benefit the fighter twice as much as offense since defense is already it's own reward and reduces how much your opponent scores with their attempted offense and could potentially totally neutralize their offense. If defense scored in MMA you could have a fighter never do anything offensive and still win and that makes no sense.

If9FNeR.png

Aljo had more effective striking in rd 1
Stats don’t matter. Punch counts are not in scoring criteria and judges never see them anyway.

They also do not speak to effectiveness.

Last night was one of those weird judging where the stronger finisher doesn't win the fight. I think maybe if Yan ended the fight slightly stronger then he would have got the nod. Nobody is talking about how Aljo's gas tank ain't too great. He faded towards the end and he was playing the 3 points on the ground game with Yan.

Yea that 3 point position is interesting because in a real fight you would be toast if you put yourself in that vulnerable position but with the rules of MMA it takes away the kicks and knees which is where you could do the most damage. Not a fan of how the rules protect people who put themselves in that vulnerable position willingly.

Back