Languages - which ones do you speak?

English and can get by in Spanish. I get my hair cut by Dominicans and know everything they are saying and can respond basic stuff.

Besides English...I know enough Spanish, Russian, German and French to sex their women when travelling.

It can't be that difficult to learn
" Get in the van " in Spanish, Russian, German and French can it ?

Insane how many here speak different languages. Fascinating to hear about, thanks for sharing everyone. If I could ask a follow-up for anyone willing to elaborate, at what age did you speak/learn which languages? The context is pretty interesting, as well.

English and Spanish but I’m pretty terrible at both

And how well? It's almost infinitely interesting how we all wield words to our own ends, whatever they may be. I like to think the more languages you speak, the more weapons you are armed with... or something similar. You get the point.

I really wanted to learn Mandarin, Japanese, or Korean when I was a kid (middle school/high school) but they only offered Spanish in my local school system. I learned a good bit and made it to IB Spanish 2 or I think it's just AP Spanish, I still speak it whenever I have the opportunity. I barely passed the IB exam and barely passed the AP exam, I think I got a D in the final semester. I thought I had better things to do like the idiot I was.

Frankly, I feel like those who grew up in a bilingual environment were incredibly fortunate, in that regard. Did you fellow Sherbros ever study a different language, and did you ever use it? What was spoken in your household as a kid?

3 1/2

2 fluent, reading and writing
1 fluent speaking
1/2 speak and understand it like a refugee that refuses to assimilate

I can say where's the bathroom in Japanese.

I can say I like big naked boobs in Portuguese.

Back