Lara: Canelo was afraid of GGG I'll fight him at 160

cuban23

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Per boxing scene

Lara, once again, proves he has no fear of anyone and wants Golovkin next.

After Lara destroys Vanes, will Golovkin accept his challenge?

GGG is negotiating with Canelo right now, according to everybody involved. That is obviously the fight to make, and they should take their time to work it out.

If that fight does not get made, then Saunders, Jacobs, Andy Lee, and Quillen are next in line. I'll also throw in Lemieux for Canelo.

If Lara wants a middleweight championship fight (GGG or Canelo), he needs to move up and knock off one of those guys. He cannot leap frog accomplished middleweights (some of whom hold belts) to fight GGG.

Now, if none of those guys are willing to fight GGG, then bring on Lara. I'd like to see it, but it would be ridiculous for Lara to get an opportunity like that over one of the other middleweights.

You mean like canelo leap frogged ggg and all the middleweights to fight cotto and cotto leap frogged ggg and all the middleweights to fight Martinez? That kind of ridiculous? Obviously both are bigger draws than Lara but the logic is the same
GGG is negotiating with Canelo right now, according to everybody involved. That is obviously the fight to make, and they should take their time to work it out.

If that fight does not get made, then Saunders, Jacobs, Andy Lee, and Quillen are next in line. I'll also throw in Lemieux for Canelo.

If Lara wants a middleweight championship fight (GGG or Canelo), he needs to move up and knock off one of those guys. He cannot leap frog accomplished middleweights (some of whom hold belts) to fight GGG.

Now, if none of those guys are willing to fight GGG, then bring on Lara. I'd like to see it, but it would be ridiculous for Lara to get an opportunity like that over one of the other middleweights.

You mean like canelo leap frogged ggg and all the middleweights to fight cotto and cotto leap frogged ggg and all the middleweights to fight Martinez? That kind of ridiculous? Obviously both are bigger draws than Lara but the logic is the same

You answered your own question there.

The one where Lara would be the best boxer that Golovkin has ever faced

I figured you would not have an answer for that question. But okay. I guess then, that Lara has faced (and embarrassed) a guy like Golovin?

Per boxing scene

Lara, once again, proves he has no fear of anyone and wants Golovkin next.

After Lara destroys Vanes, will Golovkin accept his challenge?
Destroys? Are they playing battleships?

Cuban, who do you want to see Lara fight if he wins tomorrow and jumps to 160?

Obviously aside from Golovin.

I respect Lara but the dude talks a lot. He listed the top 5 middleweights awhile back and said he was going to fight them all since he's moving to 160 because no one at 154 has the balls to fight him. Then he changed his mind and said he wanted to unify 154 rather then go to 160 but before every fight he names the most popular guys as his next possible opponents to try and draw attention to himself since he's not fighting any of the guys he always talks about. It's getting old.

The fact GGG himself mocked Canelo for fighting a guy moving up probably stops this fight from ever being considered unless Lara actually moves to 160 and fights somebody, anybody.

Cuban, who do you want to see Lara fight if he wins tomorrow and jumps to 160?

Obviously aside from Golovin.

I think the Golovkin fight is a one time deal. I don't anticipate he'll stay at the weight. But if he does stay, a fight with Miguel Cotto, which should have happened a couple years back, would be good. Definitely a rematch with Canelo.

I think the Golovkin fight is a one time deal. I don't anticipate he'll stay at the weight. But if he does stay, a fight with Miguel Cotto, which should have happened a couple years back, would be good. Definitely a rematch with Canelo.
Mentioned that the other day. I would love to see Cotto and Lara.

I think the Golovkin fight is a one time deal. I don't anticipate he'll stay at the weight.

Lara is not getting a special one-time deal from any of the middleweight champions. Lara is not that kind of star in the sport.

I'd like to see Lara vs GGG. Surely it would be a better matchup than some of these other guys GGG has been facing. Obviously the Canelo fight comes 1st though.

Back