lat drop

tekkenfan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
sacrifice takedowns are alot like elg locks to me if u dont have perfect timing technique your gonna end up in a bad position that can easily end the match

theres a few different ways guys like to show it some like to block there foot as they sit for the lat drop some guys dont even like there legs to touch there feet when going for it they just sag to the ground

how do you like to use it i want to add a sacrifice takedown into my game im not a big fan of drop seio nage iv hit it a few times but i prefer to do a lap drop if any cause at least if i fail i can get myself to half and come up with a single worse case

sacrifice takedowns are alot like elg locks to me if u dont have perfect timing technique your gonna end up in a bad position that can easily end the match

theres a few different ways guys like to show it some like to block there foot as they sit for the lat drop some guys dont even like there legs to touch there feet when going for it they just sag to the ground

how do you like to use it i want to add a sacrifice takedown into my game im not a big fan of drop seio nage iv hit it a few times but i prefer to do a lap drop if any cause at least if i fail i can get myself to half and come up with a single worse case
Depends on the situation, I never do it if they aren’t pressuring in

You get way less pop in your hips when you try to sweep. I never sweep, but I have teammates who did and they usually did it when the person was circling or they made them circle; somewhat like a footsweep combined with a back arch.

Depends on the situation, I never do it if they aren’t pressuring in
well yeha usually i see it happen if i get a underhook and im trying to press them to the cage and to avoid they are trying to push me back to avoid being pinned my friend hits it quite a bit in fights he wrestled in Michigan it made me really think about it but im curious on the best way of hitting it technique wise i think id feel better doing it with tripping vs sagging

You get way less pop in your hips when you try to sweep. I never sweep, but I have teammates who did and they usually did it when the person was circling or they made them circle; somewhat like a footsweep combined with a back arch.
i feel its hard to not sweep i guess cause im kinda long long torso i feel i can get underneith them more doing with a sweep vs just sitting down and pulling them over some say the trip actually hurts the momentum of the throw maia had great sucess with it

I did judo as a kid and didn’t wrestle so the foot sweep comes easier to me. At that point it’s not even a sacrifice throw, pretty safe to attempt

well yeha usually i see it happen if i get a underhook and im trying to press them to the cage and to avoid they are trying to push me back to avoid being pinned my friend hits it quite a bit in fights he wrestled in Michigan it made me really think about it but im curious on the best way of hitting it technique wise i think id feel better doing it with tripping vs sagging
It’s not a sag. It’s a pop

I was taught to break the opponent's arm down - by clamping down/sinching the opponent's underhook so that he doesn't have as good of an over-under. Then sitting when he pushes. Which I preferred. The first way I was taught was to step a few different ways before swinging the back leg during the throw. I never got into that way.

But you don't necessarily have to do it as a full-on sacrifice move if you do it as a throw - tie up over-under, and then cross-step with the outside foot/then backstep with the inside foot to get your hips underneath the opponent with him going over your back. Of course, there is the possibility of him basically getting a bodylock if you don't get your hips underneath him, but you still have a chance for an inside trip as long as he isn't able to launch you right away.
I think it's harder for him to pick you up and toss you when you go for the throw thsn it it is for him to drop his hips on you if you try to sit.

Done properly it’s an explosive pop. The sitting or tripping are bonuses. The biggest mistakes are trying to do it slow, doing it when the other guy isn’t pushing in. Also, I’ve found that it’s higher percentage to not “overhook” your arm but have a triceps grip with the over hand. When you hit it. Pull the triceps hard as you punch the underhook

Back