Lawler vs RDA | Page 2

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Wizzlebiz, Oct 12, 2017.

1. That209 Lord High Executioner

That209
    Dan Quinn's house learning hands of steel
    RDA does have some good power and striking, and Lawler’s chin is very good even though he gets rocked in almost every fight (Tyron just has that crazy power). I think Lawler will be too big and powerful, and he will be able to take what RDA dishes out on the feet but i don’t see RDA being able to take clean shots like Cerrone. RDA’s chin is decent but we all know Lawler’s power and he’s amazing at swarming opponents. Definitely don’t see him taking Lawler down since his TDD is insane now and even if he did get him down I don’t see him keeping him on his back for long. Not gonna count down RDA out obviously but like most, I see Lawler taking this one.

James Baller likes this.
  2. bareyb Purple Belt

bareyb
    Not exactly a risk for RDA. If he wins, he's right back in contention, if he loses, he's no worse off than he is now /shrug.

3. felmmando Brown Belt

felmmando
    He almost got finished and was ALSO losing? It never rains but it pours!

Your rundown of Lawler's fights is a bit revisionary.

4. wolfss Blue Belt

wolfss
    If they decide to exchange, robbie will ko him.

5. ufcfan4 Can't Andle The Riddum

ufcfan4
    Lawler is very, very tough to beat by decision. You often have to get him out of there to beat him. While he's had a bunch of close decision wins in recent fights, he is one of those guys who just makes a strong case for the judges because he's tough as nails and knows when to pour on the attack. Condit would have won that fight if Lawler didn't light him up in the second half of round 5. Hell, he wouldn't have taken the belt from hendricks if he didn't stifle the takedown and batter the body late in the fourth and then stalk the hell out of him in the fifth.

People talk about Lawler taking rounds off, but he paces himself in a way that is intelligent. When he goes after the opponent, he makes a very strong case for himself and often does some of his best work very late in the fight which stays fresh in the judges' minds.

RDA is a damn good finisher and has very strong cardio, but Robbie can go 5 rounds as well. My thought process is that if RDA wins, he puts down Lawler in two rounds. Longer the fight goes, more likely it's Lawler's bout.

qw3rty likes this.
  6. Nightwish Blue Belt

Nightwish
    Some guys want to tell the tale of the unbeatable Lawler. Dude got KOed by Nick Diaz!!! Got a gifted title run, gifted defense against Condit, Koed again by T-Wood... Also barely beat Cerrone. Do you know what happened to Cerrone the two times he faced RDA?

RDA is gonna lambast him.

7. Southpaw_27 Orange Belt

Southpaw_27
    Really tough matchup for RDA. I got nothing but respect for him on taking this matchup. Gonna go with Lawler by dominant decision.

qw3rty likes this.
  8. HI SCOTT NEWMAN Steel Belt Cat ✔

HI SCOTT NEWMAN
    Should be a good fight, going with Lawler by decision

9. El Fernas Black Belt

El Fernas
    Too many people complaining about a sick fight being signed, 5 rounds at that.....SMH.