Lawler was out. He regained consciousness after the end.

NO he was conscious the entire time.

It was quite clear by the replay....He was totally fine.

This simply is not debatable.

Exactly. Herb saw that.

If you're getting choked, as a fighter if you're just "holding on" and not fighting the choke, then you MUST keep your hands elevated. If you're letting it hang limp, you're telling the referee you're out.
He did though. When herb lifted his hand to check if he was still there he literally did exactly that. He kept his hand up and even gave a quick thumbs up

Askren was out and regained consciousness at the end.

I don't think Lawler ever went out

He dropped his arm suddenly but it was clear he was still there when he moved it up and down, then immediately popped up all there.

Shame Herb couldn't see it.

You can tell immediately after that Herb knew he fucked up.
Herbs face said it all

You and I weren't in there and I didn't see any response from his arm.

I saw his arm go limp, I saw Herb check on him, and I saw him call the fight

FatDisfiguredIceblueredtopzebra-size_restricted.gif

Robbie gives him the thumbs up but Herb is focused on stopping the fight.

There is no way to know if he was out. You are just making an assumption because he moved his hand down. He seemed very upset, yelling as soon as Ben let go of the choke. Those are not the actions of a man who had just been choked out.

He did though. When herb lifted his hand to check if he was still there he literally did exactly that. He kept his hand up and even gave a quick thumbs up
I've seen people saying that. I didn't see it myself, but I believe you.

But it's possible Herb missed it. Lawler is going to be kicking himself if he let his hand go limp intentionally. No clue why he did that, but it was stupid as fuck.

FatDisfiguredIceblueredtopzebra-size_restricted.gif

Robbie gives him the thumbs up but Herb is focused on stopping the fight.

Pretty much this.

Robbie can't say he's ok when the dude's arm is around his mouth.

There is no way to know if he was out. You are just making an assumption because he moved his hand down. He seemed very upset, yelling as soon as Ben let go of the choke. Those are not the actions of a man who had just been choked out.
I think he was out for a second when his hand went limp, but he came back. That's my theory.

But I agree that when Herb stopped it, he clearly wasn't out. But I also think he was going out. Askren had that choke and wasn't letting go.

From that angle you can actually see Robbie nudge Herb by moving his arm forward. Herb should have felt that.

Wait. I CAN. Have you ever been choked out briefly before? It happens more frequently than you'd think.

Also, go to hell.
Doesn’t answer my question. Just like I thought, you’re full of it. You can easily chalk it up to him moving his arm to try and conserving energy as opposed to trying to hold onto Ben, as he was doing.

Quit posting. You’re an embarrassment.

You and I weren't in there and I didn't see any response from his arm.

I saw his arm go limp, I saw Herb check on him, and I saw him call the fight
I saw his arm go limp before the ref grabbed it, I sawe his arm moved when the ref grabbed it

He might have been out but Robbie did not seem confused at all after the stoppage. It usually takes a little while for the brain to understand what happens after you go out, even briefly.

Something no one mentions is that askren let go of the choke when herb semi stepped in for a secone and then continued but probably not as hard for another second or so and then herb completely called the fight. Maybe robbie recovered some when askren let up.

Amazing fight! Gotta respect both guys. Total respect. Askren v. Usman for title next.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back