League of Legends v.16......2018 worlds

Will TSM choke

• Total voters
^ Yep they straight up broke Galio. Early laning is a little bit more difficult than before but once you get a good buy (say, both RoA components) you're actually stronger. You can legit 1-shot people just with your Q.

No need for a gotcha moment.
In a game with such a large pool of playable characters balance will always be difficult (I will add that isn't a excuse for the devs, but at this point it is a fact). Regardless if balance issues are fair or not in a competitive arena you play the game to win, and if you are losing to what is apparently a known OP champ then it is your fault.
Sure, but nobody is denying that and it doesn't really add much to the conversation. There are always OP champs and they objectively make the game worse if they warp the drafting phase significantly enough.

Drafting is a huge part of the game in competitive play and C9 won that part in 4/5 games. 5th game comes around, they leave one champion up and boom, they lose the draft. It's that simple. One pick = you win draft. Not because it's a genius counter to the enemy team composition or a dream lane matchup against one of their picks, but rather because it's a counter to everything. Not exactly a sure victory just yet, but when teams are so evenly matched that's the straw that breaks the camel's back. C9's coach fucked up and I don't know if it was a brain fart like he legit forgot the champion existed or thought they could somehow play around it. Deserved loss for sure. But the series would have been more satisfying either way if it hadn't come down to one OP getting through bans.

LOL, I guess I don't bring anything to the conversation then. Show me your ways oh Meta Lord

In other news it seems like J4 has slid into that lee sin spot for amazing do everything jungle and high elo and competitive play.

I'm late here but...the new Urgot is fun as fuck. Move over, doob.

^ Yep they straight up broke Galio. Early laning is a little bit more difficult than before but once you get a good buy (say, both RoA components) you're actually stronger. You can legit 1-shot people just with your Q.

Sure, but nobody is denying that and it doesn't really add much to the conversation. There are always OP champs and they objectively make the game worse if they warp the drafting phase significantly enough.

Drafting is a huge part of the game in competitive play and C9 won that part in 4/5 games. 5th game comes around, they leave one champion up and boom, they lose the draft. It's that simple. One pick = you win draft. Not because it's a genius counter to the enemy team composition or a dream lane matchup against one of their picks, but rather because it's a counter to everything. Not exactly a sure victory just yet, but when teams are so evenly matched that's the straw that breaks the camel's back. C9's coach fucked up and I don't know if it was a brain fart like he legit forgot the champion existed or thought they could somehow play around it. Deserved loss for sure. But the series would have been more satisfying either way if it hadn't come down to one OP getting through bans.

Or they thought they could beat the galio.......

You're a pro team on the biggest stage of the game. You should know the broke/top tier champs. Teams have been doing this shit forever (not banning champs that are broken or just kicking their ass). IMO teams get an ego and think they can stop the broken/top tier character and it fails. It happen this year, it happened in previous worlds as well. Janna Galio.....you have 5 Bans. Is c9 pool of champs that terrible if they ban them out they are forced to play something they're not good at? Again you're a pro player, you better know how to play more than 3 champions at a great level.

Diversify your champ pool!!
lE75sH1.gif

And even if they left galio open.....was their hope that the other team would just not pick him...........

This is why NA sucks

LOL, I guess I don't bring anything to the conversation then. Show me your ways oh Meta Lord

In other news it seems like J4 has slid into that lee sin spot for amazing do everything jungle and high elo and competitive play.
Oh now you're getting salty again. I feel like we've been through this a few dozen times now.

Yeah, when you're discussing how/why one particular champion is superstrong and sometimes meta-defining (don't think the latter is the case with Galio though), saying "well there's always gonna be OP champs" and "ban it" isn't really productive because 1) the author of the original statement is expected to be aware of that and 2) it's a needless tangent.

It's like someone's discussing the death of one particular individual and I come in and say "well hur durr people die all the time". Ok, so what?

Oh now you're getting salty again. I feel like we've been through this a few dozen times now.

Yeah, when you're discussing how/why one particular champion is superstrong and sometimes meta-defining (don't think the latter is the case with Galio though), saying "well there's always gonna be OP champs" and "ban it" isn't really productive because 1) the author of the original statement is expected to be aware of that and 2) it's a needless tangent.

It's like someone's discussing the death of one particular individual and I come in and say "well hur durr people die all the time". Ok, so what?
I've been bamboozled boys!
O.k. posted above why it is foolish to complain about Galio in this particular instance.
In fact that is a pretty solid post in the chain after my post that didn't add anything.

Or they thought they could beat the galio.......

You're a pro team on the biggest stage of the game. You should know the broke/top tier champs. Teams have been doing this shit forever (not banning champs that are broken or just kicking their ass). IMO teams get an ego and think they can stop the broken/top tier character and it fails. It happen this year, it happened in previous worlds as well. Janna Galio.....you have 5 Bans. Is c9 pool of champs that terrible if they ban them out they are forced to play something they're not good at? Again you're a pro player, you better know how to play more than 3 champions at a great level.

Diversify your champ pool!!
lE75sH1.gif

It still puts teams at a major disadvantage if they don't pick first. It's really awful having to ban the top picks while the other team can focus on your comfort picks. There's the Flyquest route of just banning random champs with the hope one of the broken champs also make it through to you though. It's just not that effective.

It still puts teams at a major disadvantage if they don't pick first. It's really awful having to ban the top picks while the other team can focus on your comfort picks. There's the Flyquest route of just banning random champs with the hope one of the broken champs also make it through to you though. It's just not that effective.

I still feel these players need to open their champ pool up. There's a reason you can't ban out Faker

Well you will die and video games will always have a broken/must pick and ban champ/character

It's the players that must change it up and show those characters are beatable (MF into Zyra), just master a champ no one plays (Froggen with anivia), or make your champ pool bigger (Faker)

And RNG just showed a galio team can be beat .....so now we're just back to NA fucking sucks and is no where near the eastern teams

I also want to point out RNG picks Janna and sej

They win

SKT bans Janna and RNG bans sej

SKT wins

SKT bans Janna RNG picks sej

RNG wins

SKT bans both

SKT wins

If that was an NA team, Janna and sej are left open and they lose

Back