Lennox Lewis vs. Samuel Peter in 2004.

CastletonSnob

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Lewis decides to keep fighting after beating Vitali, and faces the Nigerian Nightmare.

I actually give Peter a decent chance at pulling off the upset. Lewis was past it by this time, and Peter could punch. I'd still favor Lewis, though.

Mmmm.....

I dunno. Kinda tough honestly to pick. Lennox looked like shit against vitali but didn’t train or take him serious.....

So i dunno. I guess lennox wins

Lewis decides to keep fighting after beating Vitali, and faces the Nigerian Nightmare.

I actually give Peter a decent chance at pulling off the upset. Lewis was past it by this time, and Peter could punch. I'd still favor Lewis, though.

I think he had 1 foot already in retirement by the time he fought vitali. Never betted against Lewis but id favour the upset at this point

Hard to favour Peter at any point.

Mmmm.....

I dunno. Kinda tough honestly to pick. Lennox looked like shit against vitali but didn’t train or take him serious.....

So i dunno. I guess lennox wins
Wasn't Vitali a late replacement also? I'm thinking for Kirk Johnson but maybe it was for someone else.

Even when a fat shitty out of shape Lewis beat an in shape Vitali?

You think Samuel Peter was better than Vitali, or hit harder?

Jesus fucking christ at some of these threads

Samuel Peter had no chance, even against a faded out of shape Lewis. Lewis beat Vitali who was much better than Peter in the same condition.

Lewis would beat any version of Peter.

Wasn't Vitali a late replacement also? I'm thinking for Kirk Johnson but maybe it was for someone else.
It was Kirk Johnson Vitali replaced, I think it was 3 weeks prior, and yes Lewis had planned to retire after cashing out against Tyson but had one fight left in his contract.

Lewis vs James Toney that beat Evander would be a serious fight, because of Toney and his head movement and counter punching style, or is Lennox just to big and powerful for any version of James.

Lennox Lewis allays did better against smaller heavy weights and certain styles, then he did against bigger taller heavy weight like Vitali and others.

I think James steals a win from Lennox and then Lennox basically shuts down Toney and his counter punches by sheer size and power and strength.

The Nightmare was an odd fighter to really try and rate. He had MONSTER power but his technical ability was shit. Always off balance. Never able to stop in the middle of a combination which is why half his fights ended with him punching an opponent that was already down. If you were big enough to hold him like Wlad did all he could do in return was cave in the back of your skull. Plus once his chin got cracked it was never the same. Not even close to the same. He had a good punchers chance against anyone but that's about it. After Wlad hurt him bad at the end of their fight he turned into a fighter with a punch but without a chin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back