Leon Edwards is top 5 greatest striker in UFC history

Eh, sure. His striking acumen is very high. That doesn't mean he's not a boring ass fighter.

Colby's wrestling acumen is very high. It wasn't fun to watch. Like, at all.

This isn't a belt promotion test. It's fighting to entertain enough people that it makes them wanna pay money to watch you.

That being said... "top 5 GOAT striker in UFC history" doesn't chicken dance to Nate Diaz's boxing. Sorry not sorry.

I was a Leon fan way before it was cool but hold your horses.

Anderson, Wonderboy, Adesanya, Pereira, Volkanovski, even O'Malley.
These are strikers off the top of my head who have outstruck good/great strikers and have multiple finishes on their records and generally do more damage to their opponents. Hell I might put Gane over Leon. Just because he doesn't get hit as much doesn't make him better than the above.

Now if we're talking about striking based fighters with the overall best MMA game then Leon has a better case. It's rare to see a skilled striker with such great defensive grappling and clinch game that he can shut down the likes of Usman and Colby. It's his well roundedness that makes Leon great imo. But pure striking? He's damn good but has a lot left to prove.

Last edited:
pretty boy Edwards

Money Leon Scott

edit: dang this is a horrible post

Regardless of what you think about his effectiveness he has outstruck every opponent he faced with a 99% striking offense while taking 0 significant damage. That’s not opinion it’s fact. No other multiple defending champ can boast that to my memory
Zero damage against Nate Diaz??

Leon is a great defensive fighter who doesn't take damage, but he also doesn't generate much offence with his style. Sure Aldo, Max etc. may have received more damage, but they also took the greater risks with respect to being aggressive in the pursuit of the knockout.

Leon's style reminds me of GSP (Post Sera), but with inferior grappling.

Oooookay, decent post but come on. Facts? Post the “facts” then which is yer opinion.

In reality, the “greatest strikers in mma history” is debatable, and it would need a specific grading system. Oh, and I can quickly assume Leon won’t even make the top 20 lol

Francis Ngannou?
Excellent call and he is in the top 5 of striking mma when you consider that hitting your opponent without getting hit or taking damage yourself is a top priority. Bravo. People won’t agree because they want to discuss technique not the fundamental rule. Let me ask you this question. If you had the sloppiest style bar none yet always hit and hurt your opponent and rarely got hit hard are you a better striker than let’s say an Adesanya. Let’s also add the same amount of title defenses. Who is the better striker? Whose shoes would you rather be in?

Wonderboy dished out more damage in his fight against Holland than Leon has in his entire UFC career.
Wonderboy has been lit up exponentially more than Leon as well. You do understand not getting hit or taking significant damage is a factor?

Jesus christ, the amount of nut hugging that goes on in this sport is crazy. Person wins a belt..all of a sudden they are the best ever at something and now potential GOAT. I miss the days when this sport was taboo and the masses didnt watch, sometimes.
it's mostly new fans who lack any sort of perspective and they say things because they really have no clue.

Wonderboy has been lit up exponentially more than Leon as well. You do understand not getting hit or taking significant damage is a factor?

So what? I don't consider ANY of the welterweights to be among the top strikers in the UFC. I don't think any 170er would even make the top 10, let alone the top 5.

So what? I don't consider ANY of the welterweights to be among the top strikers in the UFC. I don't think any 170er would even make the top 10, let alone the top 5.
Whomever your favorite fighter was has been beaten up with hands and feet worse than Leon unless his name is Frank. Deal with it

Oooookay, decent post but come on. Facts? Post the “facts” then which is yer opinion.

In reality, the “greatest strikers in mma history” is debatable, and it would need a specific grading system. Oh, and I can quickly assume Leon won’t even make the top 20 lol
Whomever your favorite fighter was has been beaten up with hands and feet worse than Leon unless his name is Frank. Is that facts enough for you?

Leon is a great defensive fighter who doesn't take damage, but he also doesn't generate much offence with his style. Sure Aldo, Max etc. may have received more damage, but they also took the greater risks with respect to being aggressive in the pursuit of the knockout.

Leon's style reminds me of GSP (Post Sera), but with inferior grappling.
The first rule of striking is always dish out punishment without taking it and if anyone told you different they lied. Being as Leon plays that game better than your favorite fighter what would you like me to say? It’s not my fault

Back