Leon Edwards not interested in a UFC rematch with Belal Muhammad: “The writing was on the wall"

• Thread starter Deleted member 512089
  • Start date
I'm actually part Asian and have slanty Asian eyes myself man. I'm not trying to be funny, I wonder if there's actually some kind of genetic advantage there, that I myself probably share.
Unfunny lies . Ban :D

Ive never seen a title challenger given an immediate rematch in a fight he won one round in.

If Kamaru wants an easy fight then why shouldnt Leon take the easiest fight to maintain his position?

The fact he "won one round" doesn't mean anything in front of the fact "the fight ended because of his illegal blow".

Leon doesn't deserve anything right now, except the normal and logical thing to run the fight that ended in a NC because of his negligence back.

Also winning a round doesn't mean anything in a 5 rounder if the fight didn't go trough nobody can say how the fight would have ended, that's why we watch fights.

And I've never seen anyone get a title shot of a NC.

I will be more retarded than you and answer you... Belal is Asian.
I'm from America. In America, Asian generally means East Asian because it's considered racist to say the more exact term which is Oriental. They say Oriental all the time in Europe, which is why Asian there usually means the same thing as Middle Eastern/ Indian/ Caucasian means in America. But

Ive never seen a title challenger given an immediate rematch in a fight he won one round in.

If Kamaru wants an easy fight then why shouldnt Leon take the easiest fight to maintain his position?
When you put it like that against the alternative, it really does highlight how shit the WW division is right now at the top.

I'm actually part Asian and have slanty Asian eyes myself man. I'm not trying to be funny, I wonder if there's actually some kind of genetic advantage there, that I myself probably share.
I hope you stick around interlocking fish smash TS, I like you

Unfunny lies . Ban :D
not a lie.. I'm part asian. it's a legit think to think about. there are lots of asian fighters, and i can't think of (m)any that have ever been eye poked. obviously african heritage fighters have a speed/ explosiveness advantage, this could be another advantage that correlates with a racial group. it's like the bone breaks on leg kicks that anderson silva had.. 90% of the guys that have the same injury are black. and black dudes are known for having thin calves. that's not a coincidence. injuries like eye pokes, calf snapping etc. seem to have racial boundaries in their negatives just as athletic attributes like black sprinting and eastern european powerlifting seem have in their positives.

During tonight’s post-fight press conference, Edwards was asked if thought an immediate rematch with Muhammad made sense.

“I only fought him because all the other guys turned me down.” Leon Edwards explained. “The writing was on the wall. I was winning the fight clearly, and I don’t feel I need to fight him again. I need to move forward"

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc...h-belal-muhammad-the-writing-was-on-the-wall/

I find that extremely... unprofessional let's say. Your thoughts ?
No need to fight him again! Leon was very clearly kicking the shit out of him! Leon would beat Belal 10/10 times!

During tonight’s post-fight press conference, Edwards was asked if thought an immediate rematch with Muhammad made sense.

“I only fought him because all the other guys turned me down.” Leon Edwards explained. “The writing was on the wall. I was winning the fight clearly, and I don’t feel I need to fight him again. I need to move forward"

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc...h-belal-muhammad-the-writing-was-on-the-wall/

He denied Belal the chance to showcase his skills. Whether or not he was winning is irrelevant. Immediate rematch is warranted, he owes it to Belal.

He denied Belal the chance to showcase his skills. Whether or not he was winning is irrelevant. Immediate rematch is warranted, he owes it to Belal.

So you guys think Moraes won the fight against Cejudo right ? I mean Moraes won the first round ! Cejudo would have never turned the tables of it continues ! Oh wait...

not a lie.. I'm part asian. it's a legit think to think about. there are lots of asian fighters, and i can't think of (m)any that have ever been eye poked. obviously african heritage fighters have a speed/ explosiveness advantage, this could be another advantage that correlates with a racial group. it's like the bone breaks on leg kicks that anderson silva had.. 90% of the guys that have the same injury are black. and black dudes are known for having thin calves. that's not a coincidence. injuries like eye pokes, calf snapping etc. seem to have racial boundaries in their negatives just as athletic attributes like black sprinting and eastern european powerlifting seem have in their positives.
so now we've stooped to bro level eugenics .
200.webp

The fact he "won one round" doesn't mean anything in front of the fact "the fight ended because of his illegal blow".

Leon doesn't deserve anything right now, except the normal and logical thing to run the fight that ended in a NC because of his negligence back.

Also winning a round doesn't mean anything in a 5 rounder if the fight didn't go trough nobody can say how the fight would have ended, that's why we watch fights.

Post you were responding to was actually referring to Masvidal winning 1 round out of 5 against Usman and potentially getting an immediate rematch, which is silly.

I understand wanting to run back Belal-Edwards, but it was #3 vs. #13, fight was only happening at all because nobody else in the rankings was available or willing to fight Leon. If Leon can get back in the cage sooner against somebody else, I'd let him.

Post you were responding to was actually referring to Masvidal winning 1 round out of 5 against Usman and potentially getting an immediate rematch, which is silly.

I understand wanting to run back Belal-Edwards, but it was #3 vs. #13, fight was only happening at all because nobody else in the rankings was available or willing to fight Leon. If Leon can get back in the cage sooner against somebody else, I'd let him.

So know we can end fights with fouls early and get a better fight after that. Neat

Leon and Belal fought, the fight ended in a NC due to an unintentional foul, and thats how it played out unfortunately.

If the UFC wants to give Belal an opportunity to fight up in the rankings again they have plenty of options that do not include guys like Leon that have won their way to the top of the division and should be getting a title shot.

Leon should demand Kamaru, and if the UFC cannot get Usman to agree to that, then he should fight Gilbert with the promise that if he wins he will get the next title shot.

Leon and Belal fought, the fight ended in a NC due to an unintentional foul, and thats how it played out unfortunately.

If the UFC wants to give Belal an opportunity to fight up in the rankings again they have plenty of options that do not include guys like Leon that have won their way to the top of the division and should be getting a title shot.

Leon should demand Kamaru, and if the UFC cannot get Usman to agree to that, then he should fight Gilbert with the promise that if he wins he will get the next title shot.

He should demand a title shot against Kamaru because of that highly impressive NC foul finish after 20 months inactivity ?

Damn leon's edwards fans are highly delusional.

Plus it's a foul, he owes the rematch to Belal.

He wanted that eye poke. Now he’s paying for it. Force the rematch

Back