Leon gave us the greatest moment in MMA history

What's better? Seriously, show me. Guy was hated on by everyone, had so much layoff time because of fight fallouts, covid, and got played by a typical sucker punch from Maz. Became a meme, even though he was on a massive W streak, came back in the dire moments of a fight, and showed what he was made of. Then cemented it with a dominant W against Usman again.

Guy is called Rocky, and actually gave us the best Rocky moment which has motivated so many people to tears, and his corner showed what a true support system is suppose to do. It was fucking legendary in every way.
Randy beating Silvia
Anderson Subbing Chael
Holly KO’ing Ronda
Fedor Submitting Randlemen after being Randleplexed
Could keep going, but grow tired of educating casuals with recency bias.

What distances Leon from Conor or Serra is that he proved this was not a one time thing in the rematch. As a huge underdog he dethroned the dominant champ and did it right again in a rematch.

I underestimated him a lot. Looking forward him fighting Colby.

People still shit talk him. It's crazy.
Stop feeling sorry for yourself son, pull that shit out of the fire!

Twice avenged his only loss in fucking forever, against a borderline GOAT, and in the dethrone moment gave us the iconic rocky moment. Motivates many people to never give up. His nickname was Rocky going in, and people still hate. It's mind boggling.

iu

He'll always have my favor... for getting rid of usman
The cringe was too much to bare

Yes mate this is absolutely spot on. I fell asleep during Silva v Sonnen 1 (UK Time) and was so devastated I missed it. I've made sure I watched every big fight since up until the Edwards head kick.

Had a big party at my house and had people crashing so we agreed to watch it in the morning. I always avoid the results easy but as it was such an epic finish it popped up on some news feed on my phone that never has MMA. Obviously buzzin about the result but very bittersweet that I knew it was coming when I watched it.
Oh damn, sorry to hear, that sucks. I had a spoiler like that once too and was so pissed lol.

Couldn't believe it when it happened. Thought Usman slipped or something and was scrambling to get up but no it was over...

So many times we see a fighter being down on the cards and say "this dude needs a stoppage to win". It's amazing when it actually happens.
Yeah, one of those few moments where time stands still and you're not really processing what reality is until you get out of the fog. Literally sat there quiet just staring at the screen for a few seconds.

I remember reading, some of the audience were already starting to leave. Imagine walking up the stairs with your back turned to the Octagon only to see everyone lose their mind. And you realize you just missed one of the greatest MMA moments in recent history. Just cause your fucking ass couldn't sit still for an extra minute.

It's definitely a contender for greatest moment of all time. Easily the best moment in recent history, that's for sure.

Fills me with joy that some other people think so to. I'm biased being a British MMA fan, and settled in Birmingham, a stone's throw from the Renegade gym where Edwards trains.

Yeah but it just was another stale ass UFC title fight.. I really didn't give a shit about the outcome either way tbh..

The fight was a snoozer till the finish.

The headkick finish was gorgeous though..
It's the stakes, the pressure and the way he nullified Usman in a way no one has ever done before. That is some achievement.

What's better? Seriously, show me. Guy was hated on by everyone, had so much layoff time because of fight fallouts, covid, and got played by a typical sucker punch from Maz. Became a meme, even though he was on a massive W streak, came back in the dire moments of a fight, and showed what he was made of. Then cemented it with a dominant W against Usman again.

Guy is called Rocky, and actually gave us the best Rocky moment which has motivated so many people to tears, and his corner showed what a true support system is suppose to do. It was fucking legendary in every way.

How on earth was it a sucker punch?

Not really, far from it actually.

Khabib retiring, Jones winning the HW belt are far better for example

People still shit talk him. It's crazy.
Stop feeling sorry for yourself son, pull that shit out of the fire!

Twice avenged his only loss in fucking forever, against a borderline GOAT, and in the dethrone moment gave us the iconic rocky moment. Motivates many people to never give up. His nickname was Rocky going in, and people still hate. It's mind boggling.

iu
No matter what happens,he's in the history books w this one.

Jones winning the HW belt are far better for example
No way.

That was like,dissapointing. Even if you are a Jones fan,it was a dissapointing match. Gane showed so little,you would simply expect Jones to win easily against that.

Might be worth making polls to decide on things like this.

Is it the greatest moment in UFC history? It's a contender, sure, but it doesn't beat the Ronda-Holy fight, doesn't beat SIlva-Sonnen 1 sub, doesn't beat the GSP-Bisping fight, doesn't beat Khabib retiring.

Is it the greatest moment in UFC history?
No point making a poll about something like this. There will never be a consensus greatest moment in MMA history. This was really quite memorable though. Never saw that shit coming in a million yrs. The way the fight was going, it looked like Leon mentally broke,and you usually dont come back from that in the end of a fight.

Back