Leon is a chill guy. Rags to riches. Mas is now heel.

He

turned down Khamzat and the UFC removed him from the rankings before he accepted Chimaev.
In a true sport with rankings that mean something Khamzat shouldn't have been able to jump up and fight Leon. He was right in turning it down at first. He should've been able to fight a much higher ranked opponent.

Yes
In a true sport with rankings that mean something Khamzat shouldn't have been able to jump up and fight Leon. He was right in turning it down at first. He should've been able to fight a much higher ranked opponent.
You're right.

Born in the Ghetto of Jamaica.

Moved to the UK, got caught up in gangs.

Started training, stayed disciplined, ended up becoming one of the best British MMA fighters of all time. Probably behind Bisping.

Taking on an unranked risky fight against Belal.

Got sucker punched and then thr guy that did it dodged him and turned into a diva.
he's a cool guy, I just didn't like him telling wonderboy to fuck off and not being realistic about his choices but other than that, he's stellar. I hate to see both guys lose. Belal is a G too

He was removed for inactivity and put back in when he accepted the Khamzat. I think it was after the Woodley fight he got removed for it.

https://www.essentiallysports.com/m...-ufc-removing-him-from-welterweight-rankings/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/12994795/leon-edwards-ufc-welterweight-rankings/
giphy.gif

Ah right, I guess the articles I sent were purposely wrote to protect Leon.

Must be some duck when he agrees to fight the guy he's apparently ducking 3 times.
He didn't want to fight an unranked opponent when he should be fighting for the title. The UFC forced him to take the fight, it's not up for debate...

Why is being a ganster cool again?
"That guy is for real, his father got killed when he was 8. Now he is following his farther footstep. What a kingpin!"
For me, that is not a live anyone should praise...

The impression I got was he wants to be the opposite of his Dad and got into MMA to not go down that route.

If anyone it's masvidal playing the gangster card

He didn't want to fight an unranked opponent when he should be fighting for the title. The UFC forced him to take the fight, it's not up for debate...

Well, logically the Khamzat fight didn't make sense for Leon, the Khamzat fight didn't really make sense for anyone in the top 10 either, why would it? He hadn't beat any ranked opponents at the time. He then still accepted it anyway.

Booked to fight 3 times, it fell through once due to COVID for Leon, twice due to Khamzat. It's not either guys fault but it's definitely up for debate if you think there's a case of "ducking" for either guy.

Ducking is GDR refusing to fight Cyborg, being booked to fight someone 3 times and for it falling apart due to circumstances out of your control isn't ducking, I feel like maybe you needed that explained to you.

Lol you are a noob white belt and you don’t know anything.

Maybe he just has a life outside of sherdog and doesn't get a bone over what sherdog belt he has.

Or do you actually tell people what belt you are on Sherdog.. Bet you're fun at parties "hey guys, not trying to impress anyone but do you know I'm a steel belt on sherdog" lol... Get a grip

Leon was not caught up in gangs at all. Where he lived was notorious for gang crime but Leon was never a gang member.

Why is being a ganster cool again?
"That guy is for real, his father got killed when he was 8. Now he is following his farther footstep. What a kingpin!"
For me, that is not a live anyone should praise...
I think you’ve misunderstood his story, at no point does it insinuate being a gangster is cool.

While I was never a Leon Edwards hater I was mostly just indifferent to him. I've actually come around to pulling for him. Being the titleholder may not be in his future but I hope to he makes strong push for it and we'll see what happens.

Born in the Ghetto of Jamaica.

Moved to the UK, got caught up in gangs.

Started training, stayed disciplined, ended up becoming one of the best British MMA fighters of all time. Probably behind Bisping.

Taking on an unranked risky fight against Belal.

Got sucker punched and then thr guy that did it dodged him and turned into a diva.
to be fair uk gangs doesnt seem like very dangerous bro, i would relax on that, i was checking and less than 50 people died in the uk related to gang violence in 2019, (i mean every life is a treasure bra, and individuals are unique) yeah well rough places got gangs kills every day, dozens of, so yeah he probably was misbehaving and having ocational fights with his mates, thats it.

dude where i live (the city) theres about 5 gangsters killed everyday

Born in Jamaica, leaves the shit hole and comes to the UK for all its benefits and healthcare to help train for a dangerous combat sport.
Reps Jamaica every time he fights

Back