Let's not forget that Tony Ferguson's still on the roster

I wonder how many fights he has left on his contract. He probably wants to fight it out so as to go to BKFC because UFC isn't cutting him for whatever reason ..
I think 5 and he negotiated a huge deal compared to previous purses when he took Nate Diaz on short notice. So I am sure he wants to continue and the UFC doesn't want to pay him main event money to fight a Clay Guida or Chase hooper

So you think if the UFC cuts him every other org takes a pass? Or you think they'd sign him, but do so in good faith because they see potential in him?

I think if the UFC cuts Tony right now, he could absolutely get signed by another org. He has a name. Would draw some attention to the org.

They wouldn't use him as a way to prove superiority.

I think if the UFC cuts Tony right now, he could absolutely get signed by another org. He has a name. Would draw some attention to the org.

They wouldn't use him as a way to prove superiority.

I think we're more or less saying the same thing.

What does "he has a name" mean to you. There is a market value they would look to extract from him and add to their brand.

You may disagree but based on every promotion I've ever seen, they sure as hell wouldn't introduce him by telling the audience he's on a 28 fight skid. They'd shine him up as "one of the greatest LW fighters of all time with a legendary X fight win streak". They will 100% make a dog and pony show of sacrificing him.

please don't remind me

Well other than the chandler fight he’s not been kod, he’s losing by decision or sub which means he’s still got a chin and something left in the tank.

Give Tony one more against a Dana white contender guy. If he loses to a scrub it’s time to cut him, unless ufc just wants to keep him around as a name for their undercards like Arlovski

Let him bang one last time
Dustin Poirier vs Tony Ferguson
Please no. If he has to fight again, let it be someone closer to his age and wear like Clay Guida or Jim Miller. Heck, a motivated BJ Penn might go train a few months with Mike Tyson and beat the current Tony. Imagine Tony with Goggins in his corner and BJ with Iron Mike.

The sad thing is Tony will likely to go bareknuckle, Masvidal's org or PFL/Bellator (if they want their rising fighters to beat a "former UFC great") if Dana cuts him...though I still think Tony should be cut.

Tony will find a place to fight a couple more times after the UFC, if they cut him or he fights out his contract he will find a way, BKFC seems like the place to go and he WILL go.

Ferguson vs Perry, book it.

Well other than the chandler fight he’s not been kod, he’s losing by decision or sub which means he’s still got a chin and something left in the tank.

Give Tony one more against a Dana white contender guy. If he loses to a scrub it’s time to cut him, unless ufc just wants to keep him around as a name for their undercards like Arlovski

Pillow fisted Nate hurt him multiple times
Bobby Green hurt him multiple times, just happened to submit him, because he got caught himself.
As well as Paddy, who knocked him down and decided to grapple, because he was tired

So no, not much of a chin there

Pillow fisted Nate hurt him multiple times
Bobby Green hurt him multiple times, just happened to submit him, because he got caught himself.
As well as Paddy, who knocked him down and decided to grapple, because he was tired

So no, not much of a chin there

Dana usually only has the talk with guys who are getting kod just about every fight like Anderson at the end of his career. Tony is more like BJ and Alvey, losing but not getting ktfo which means he can still handle getting cracked

Let him fade away on Fight Night prelims until no more fights on the contract. It has come to that for him. He is in denial and I don't know if there is anyone close to him that he listen to. It's no coming back from where he is. Just a deeper freefall.

I wish Tony would just transition to grappling or something to preserve his brain from more damage. Pr start a podcast with Eddie Bravo so they can talk about stuff n shit of the universe.

Let him make money from a Conor fight, at least there Conor might have a slight punchers chance against Ferguson.

There can be a happy medium here. Since he is a legend, the UFC should just drag out his contract without offering him fights like Nate and Conor. This way he's still in the UFC, but not fighting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zygmunt
Back