Lets See What You Guys Look Like Part II

I was awarded sankyu brown belt in USJA Judo last night. Feels good. I have atleast another three to five years until black. I have a lot to learn. Judo and Jiu Jitsu FTW.
DSC02383.jpg

Congrats dude. Is that Fushida gi? I have the Icon V2. Love it.

Hellboy, Having Judo is just another tool in the tool box. It allows me to feel comfortable on my feet and helps in the transiton between standing and ground. It makes no difference to me if someone wants to jump guard. It's part of the game. Many BB JJ guys are also BB Judo guys. I wonder why?

Thanks for the wishes.

My gi is a Fushida Icon V2 too. I love the gi. Looks badass, performs well and the people working for Fushida are top notch.

Last edited:
More people should post in this thread, I'm having a laugh matching up your pictures to your posts outside :icon_lol:

Not to miss out on the fun...

2569snt.jpg

2aeuz5l.jpg

Can't grow a beard either :/

I've been meaning to do this for a while, but I kept putting it off. Now, I'm putting off homework, and this is more fun than the work would be. Hi everybody.

Photo0012.jpg

Also, as a lifelong Alaskan, I thoroughly resent the fact that AKwrestler was such an ass. I promise we aren't all like that in the frozen Northland :)

Last edited:
Here's me trying to look tough with Luis Heredia.

I am not tough :(

luisliam.jpg

For my 1000th post in 8 years on sherdog... I figure I'll finally post a picture (albeit an old one) of myself. I just wish I was in my gi...

okanahilo.jpg

Cool pic but...
Youtube.com

Type: How to tie a belt?

Man, I keep trying to tie it so that the HCK label is face up, that's why it's all inverted. I can tie a belt!

For the record I now feel retarded haha :(

Hellboy, Having Judo is just another tool in the tool box. It allows me to feel comfortable on my feet and helps in the transiton between standing and ground. It makes no difference to me if someone wants to jump guard. It's part of the game. Many BB JJ guys are also BB Judo guys. I wonder why?

Thanks for the wishes.

My gi is a Fushida Icon V2 too. I love the gi. Looks badass, performs well and the people working for Fushida are top notch.

Hope I didn't come off like I was throwing rocks at Judo, that's not what I meant at all.

Man, I keep trying to tie it so that the HCK label is face up, that's why it's all inverted. I can tie a belt!

For the record I now feel retarded haha :(

Ha! Just giving you a hard time but, you did miss the inside loop when you tied it. :icon_twis
It seems like to me that Jiu Jitsu guys and gals are the worst about tying their belts correctly. I see black belts who don't tie their belts right. I just find it funny that it takes so long to reach bb and all this time someone doesn't take a moment to learn how to tie thier belt.
Anyone else feel this way?

Hellboy, I didn't take it that way. It's all good.

Thought for the day: Calf cutters from 230+ guys hurt.

Do people in Hawai call them Hawaian shirts, or just shirts?

Funny, but they're aloha shirts. There's actually something called aloha attire, since shirts aren't the only thing made with these Hawaiian textile prints.

But I know where you're coming from... Chinese food is just food in China and so forth.

Haha yeah it sounds like a funny question but it's totally legit. FYI, there is no "canadian" bacon in Canada. I don't think I've ever eaten that stuff.

Wait, if Canadian bacon is just bacon in Canada, what's regular bacon called? In all my trips across the border, I've never noticed that!

Me (blue belt, Fuji gi) at the start of my match against a black belt (Gunnar Nelson, the only Icelandic BB) in the Icelandic BJJ Championships. FML that was a bad draw for a first match :icon_chee

77082_496823700849_558845849_7165544_2730085_n.jpg

Me (blue belt, Fuji gi) at the start of my match against a black belt (Gunnar Nelson, the only Icelandic BB) in the Icelandic BJJ Championships. FML that was a bad draw for a first match :icon_chee

77082_496823700849_558845849_7165544_2730085_n.jpg

Well, how's that for shit luck! How'd you do?

when did bjj start up in iceland? i was there from '04-'06 and would be very disappointed if i missed the opportunity to train up there.

Back