• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

let's start a band

Flemmy Stardust

King of Lea
@Gold
Reaction score
i'm sure you've seen videos on youtube like this one:

a bunch of musicians recording different instruments from remote locations.

i, personally, would have no clue how to do this, or how much it would cost me to buy the shit to do it, but it would be fun/funny.

i'm sure someone here can explain whether it's feasible or not, or how much the equipment costs.

Last edited:
I can dig that

ok ,why is that guy wearing scarfs? lol wtf

Last edited:
I'm shocked this hasn't been discussed yet. I've wanted to ask about it before but for selfish reasons. I have Mongolian Death Metal genre idea, but none of the instrumental talent to make any of it happen. I would love to hear what you guys could make. There are a lot of talented musicians here.

Sure, why not? I'll be the crappy wannabe bass player/ sub par singer.

I will play the spoons and do any Spanish vocals

th

Sure, why not? I'll be the crappy wannabe bass player/ sub par singer.

Lmao I wanted to play bass! I can't though because I sold it for my computer. I'm DYING to get one back. I have a Jackson guitar I'm trying to trade for a bass right now though. Are you actually decent on the bass? I'm terrible but I plan on improving. I used to love plugging it in to my processor, getting baked, and jamming for hours.

Terrible example video.

I'll play some sweet power chords and may even throw in some super cool harmonics!1!!!111

Are you actually decent on the bass?

I used to be semi legit until I stopped practicing after I parted ways with my bass teacher. Still have the bass, I practice on it every once in a while. I'll take it up again in a more serious manner later in life mst likely.

I'm shocked this hasn't been discussed yet. I've wanted to ask about it before but for selfish reasons. I have Mongolian Death Metal genre idea, but none of the instrumental talent to make any of it happen. I would love to hear what you guys could make. There are a lot of talented musicians here.

oh, i'm not that talented. i'm alright and all, but this isn't something i want to do because i can't find people that can keep up with me.

ideally, if it works out, capable musicians participate (can tune, stay in rhythm, and not fuck up a lot), but if we're not great, it'd still be fun to post the videos for everyone to hate on.

Terrible example video.

you're a terrible example video.

I used to be semi legit until I stopped practicing after I parted ways with my bass teacher. Still have the bass, I practice on it every once in a while. I'll take it up again in a more serious manner later in life mst likely.

I'd kill for a teacher. I'm so uncoordinated though, I'm not sure I could ever excel at it.

oh, i'm not that talented. i'm alright and all, but this isn't something i want to do because i can't find people that can keep up with me.

ideally, if it works out, capable musicians participate (can tune, stay in rhythm, and not fuck up a lot), but if we're not great, it'd still be fun to post the videos for everyone to hate on.

you're a terrible example video.

Thing is, there is so much feedback and experience here, something great could be hammered out without a doubt. And with so many backgrounds, it's bound to be unique.

Back