• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

let's start a band

I can play a fiddle or bass guitar and I can be an off key backup singer.

i, personally, would have no clue how to do this, or how much it would cost me to buy the shit to do it, but it would be fun/funny.

i'm sure someone here can explain whether it's feasible or not, or how much the equipment costs.

I've never done it. I imagine it would not be hard. Here's the basic stuff you would need:

-musicians
-audio interface
-computer
-camera
-internet

The best way to approach this is by recording the drums first. Now for the drummer, he'll need extra equipment, microphones or drum triggers a mixer and a usb or firewire interface to get the audio into the computer. Then get the audio out of the computer and into the camera.

Another option is to have both audio and camera interfaced into the computer and capture it with the computer software.

Then you would have to render your video and export it. Most common use would be mpeg-4. The best way to send the video to the other musicians is by ftp (file transfer software). This will get the best quality without having to compress the file. If you email it, you will have to compress it because most email software will only allow you to send 2-5 gigs, plus uncompressed looks better.

After the drums get recorded then the bass guitar would be the best. The drums and bass will set the tempo and rythm of the song. The guitars, keyboards and voices are cake after that.

Presonus makes good cheap audio interfaces for like $200. For computers if you have a mac, they come with ivideo which is a very good entry level video editor.

Good luck and hope this helps :)

i mic'd a baby crying outside at the end, lol

Last edited:
Check this one out. This guy sounds just like King Diamond (the singer, that is). The guitar player looks cheesy in the wig, but plays well.

Back