Lets talk about Geoff Neal

TheWobbler

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
He needs a step up in competition.

Luque or lawler would be good fights.

been saying it for awhile, dude is a problem.

a win over platibum doesn't mean much but putting him away with ease like that was still impressive, neal is one of the cleanest, nastiest strikers at WW right now.

He's really good. He deserves a notable guy next. I say either Lawler or Ponzinibbio but I could also see him drawing someone like Gilbert Burns.

Neil Magny is a guy I feel is a good gatekeeper to see where people are at when fighting top level competition, I could see them booking that, then a top 5 matchup if he destroys him.

Neil Magny is a guy I feel is a good gatekeeper to see where people are at when fighting top level competition, I could see them booking that, then a top 5 matchup if he destroys him.
Imo he passed the gatekeeper test in mike Perry and passed w flying colors. Give him a top 10 guy

Can he wrestle?

I'm down to see Hopsin fight Lawler or even Thompson next. He's definitely a man to watch out for.

Luque and Lawler are not big steps up. Perry just had a very competitive bout with Luque, and Lawler's just a shell of his former self at this point. Ponzi would be a good fight, but the guy unfortunately doesn't fight anymore. I like the loser of RDA vs. Chiesa, although I think Neal puts away the latter quite easily.

I'd love to see him against Gilbert Burns. Seems like a great test for both guys.

What is his style like? Who can you compare him to? Super interested.

a win over platibum doesn't mean much but ...
It gave him name recognition over the people that matter; the 90% of casual fans who don't forum dwell.

It means something alright.

Not being on the PPV card for this fight was great for him.

He reminded me of Jon Jones when he was a rising star.

He definitely needs a step up. Luque wouldn't be bad but I'd like to see him go against someone coming off a win. I wouldn't mind seeing him fight Maia or Rocco Martin.

The Luque fight is perfect in terms of style and their standings. Yes Luque is coming off a loss but he's also the more experienced, proven commodity that has been in there with the likes of Leon Scott and Wonderboy.

Have been talking him up for a while here in the forums. Lots of potential with this guy.

I say match him up with Ponz, then Ponz will pull out and climb two rankings.

I'd like to see if he can take out Wonderboy

Back