Lets talk about the Bo Nickal Tax

How hard are they pushing him? He hasn't been a main or co main on anything, and has been the curtain jerker for a couple PPVs.

Half this site cry non stop about the UFC not doing enough to promote fighters, and every time a high level wrestler shows up well into their 30s the comments are "can you imagine if ____ started doing MMA when they were younger", and now when a high level wrestler does move to MMA in his 20s, everyone starts bitching that putting him as the curtain jerker on a few cards is doing way too much to promote him. Not many other conclusions to draw other than people just have a strong desire to bitch and don't even need a valid reason.
<PlusJuan>💯

Bo needs to pay 'bout tree-fitty.

How hard are they pushing him? He hasn't been a main or co main on anything, and has been the curtain jerker for a couple PPVs.

Half this site cry non stop about the UFC not doing enough to promote fighters, and every time a high level wrestler shows up well into their 30s the comments are "can you imagine if ____ started doing MMA when they were younger", and now when a high level wrestler does move to MMA in his 20s, everyone starts bitching that putting him as the curtain jerker on a few cards is doing way too much to promote him. Not many other conclusions to draw other than people just have a strong desire to bitch and don't even need a valid reason.
The best way to showcase/promote a fighters skills is to make them fight top caliber fighters......not lob them cans on the biggest card in ufc history.

The best way to showcase/promote a fighters skills is to make them fight top caliber fighters......not lob them cans on the biggest card in ufc history.
Bo has stated he isn't fighting top fighters until he gets a better contract. The UFC is well aware of this as Bo still has 2 fights left on his DWCS contract. It's pretty reasonable, and not dumb at all, to not fight top fighters when you're getting shit pay. Would you accept a job where your pay should be $120,000 and take it for the pay of $20,000? Of course the fuck not.

Bo has stated he isn't fighting top fighters until he gets a better contract. The UFC is well aware of this as Bo still has 2 fights left on his DWCS contract. It's pretty reasonable, and not dumb at all, to not fight top fighters when you're getting shit pay. Would you accept a job where your pay should be $120,000 and take it for the pay of $20,000? Of course the fuck not.
Bo is the victim here, I find more fault with the organization than him.

If they truly believe he's a star, they should pay him as such and fast track him. Instead of meeting some way in the middle where he's advertised strongly but only to fight people that nobody cares about.

Bo is the victim here, I find more fault with the organization than him.

If they truly believe he's a star, they should pay him as such and fast track him. Instead of meeting some way in the middle where he's advertised strongly but only to fight people that nobody cares about.
I agree they should pay him, as well as other fighters. I still kind of don't see how he's being advertised strongly. They don't really have the UFC hype machine behind him they've just given him some favorable spots on cards.

Our fellow poster @Siver! believes Bo has it written in his contract to only fight on main cards. If Bo was smart enough to have that wrote in, I can't really hate on it.

I still don’t understand why they’re pushing him as hard as they are.
Here are my guesses

- He's a relative of a UFC exec, Who they've been grooming for years as a plant
- He has serious dirt on a High ranking UFC executive, or he knows of a steroid scandal that can destroy the entire sport
- Dana white bet Lorenzo 100 Million he could make a Ginger A UFC Champion before 2030, Where Lorenzo Believes Gingers can't be marketed or fight

Last edited:
some sales tax, but no property tax. maybe bump him up a bracket in his income tax.

[<diva2]

You think the best way to promote a young prospect is to throw him into the top of the division like a year after he first trained striking or submissions on a contender series contract? Why would Bo agree to that, and why would the UFC want to risk ruining a prospect by matching him up with the top of the division before he's even had a few fights?

Good point. Khamzat too don't forget.

To be fair it does seem like "Bo" is quite keen on striking.
True, Khamzat has lost some wind from his sails due to being so inactive, and the close fight with Usman. But he needs to keep winning or lose everything, same as Bo.

The difference that I see is that Khamzat is training a full game and has shown his striking is good already. He's had KOs from standing punches - Bo hasn't. Khamzat is far more proven in MMA imo

Nobody is ever happy are they????

People bitch on here about the UFC trying to make the next star and get pissed when they aren't pushing someone.

Personally, I don't see the UFC going that far out of there way to push Bo down fans throats. Guy like Sage was pushed a lot harder.
They literally put former champs on the undercard of UFC 300 to give Bo a main card spot. Multiple. Like 4 or 5.

He's definitely getting the Sage treatment, and actually may be getting pushed even harder while being handed even easier fights. It's ridiculous.

This isn't a guy like Alex Pereira who they knew was an extremely high level combat athlete who already had beaten the UFC champ in kickboxing. This is a great wrestler moving to MMA and being spoon fed up the rankings.

If he doesn't look so good against actual elite fighters, he'll be another Askren.

Bo Nickal has done nothing to piss me off and the hype or him being on the UFC 300 card doesnt bother me at all. Some people get chances like that and some dont, big deal.

ronda-dont-cry.gif

For some reason when UFC wants to hype a person, there are many who want it to fail automatically.

Because hyping one guy means not hyping another guy even fi they dont know or care who that guy is. Anybody but the one they are hyping deserves it more. Just reactionary fake outrage by people who would rather the promotion they watch fail at their goals. because reasons.

For some reason when UFC wants to hype a person, there are many who want it to fail automatically.

Because hyping one guy means not hyping another guy even fi they dont know or care who that guy is. Anybody but the one they are hyping deserves it more. Just reactionary fake outrage by people who would rather the promotion they watch fail at their goals. because reasons.
Without fail, in every thread about promotion there are lots of posters who claim the UFC don't even promote fighters, and almost every single time they try to build somebody up, the same posters relentlessly shit on the fighter and say he doesn't deserve to be promoted and call them a "hype job" and say "I can't wait for that hype train to be derailed".

The quickest way to get nonstop hate threads about a fighter is for the UFC to promote them. I seriously can't think of 1 prospect the UFC have found marketable and tried to promote that didn't have majority hate threads on here.

True, Khamzat has lost some wind from his sails due to being so inactive, and the close fight with Usman. But he needs to keep winning or lose everything, same as Bo.

The difference that I see is that Khamzat is training a full game and has shown his striking is good already. He's had KOs from standing punches - Bo hasn't. Khamzat is far more proven in MMA imo

Of course, don't get me wrong, Khamzat is much better and more proven than Bo. They're not even comparable - Bo has only fought bums, he has a long way to go before getting wins anywhere near as good as Burns/Usman.

I'm just saying Bo at least shows some willingless to strike, seems to want to showcase some striking, though he clearly doesn't like getting hit much ;)

So yeah no question Chimaev's striking is much better.

He will have to sniff a bunch of crotch to make up for it.

I agree 100% he should be matched against people his level as he moves up, but a guy like brundage isn't UFC PPV main card level. you say that's how it should be, but bo was the biggest betting favourite on the card. This is on UFC 300, one of the biggest MMA cards of all time. Conor didn't get on the main card of a ppv until his 4th fight and it was a Mighty Mouse ppv. Khamzat 4th fight aswell. Bo is getting an absolute UNREAL rub from the promotion, honestly like no one has ever been pushed. (they tried hard with sage and paige, but not quite like this IMO.)

If he should be fighting people his level that can beat him, they should be guys on the fight nights and the ppv prelims just like everyone else has to. Everyone else has to work their way up to the the limelight with highlight reel finishes and performances. I dont understand why he's just inserted to the biggest stage possible against opposition not worthy of being on the biggest stage. Not sure why anyone would want to see that on the biggest stage. So that's what I don't like, nothing to do with him but the promotions push of him. I want the promotion to know that the best way to build a fighter is organically. not through forcing it to get the results you want.
cejudo got main card on his 2nd fight, against cariaso coming off a loss. it probably had something to do with cejudo being a gold medalist. jon jones got main card in his 2nd fight as well. I don’t think he faced a ranked fighter until he fought bader, and he went from that to a title shot. i just don’t see the way they’re treating bo as all that special. he has 3 fights in the ufc, so they’re not exactly slow walking him. he is very inexperienced any way you slice it. he probably can’t beat the top of the division now, but he probably could in a couple years, with more experience.

cejudo got main card on his 2nd fight, against cariaso coming off a loss. it probably had something to do with cejudo being a gold medalist. jon jones got main card in his 2nd fight as well. I don’t think he faced a ranked fighter until he fought bader, and he went from that to a title shot. i just don’t see the way they’re treating bo as all that special. he has 3 fights in the ufc, so they’re not exactly slow walking him. he is very inexperienced any way you slice it. he probably can’t beat the top of the division now, but he probably could in a couple years, with more experience.
>cejudo got main card on his 2nd fight, against cariaso coming off a loss
Cariaso was coming off a loss in a title fight. Cejudo is someone they brought in a pushed toward mighty mouse because he had cleared his division out much like poatan to izzy.

>jon jones got main card in his 2nd fight as well
Bizzare anomoly, And I dont defend it, it shouldn't happen.

>I don’t think he faced a ranked fighter until he fought bader, and he went from that to a title shot.
Well of course he did, Bader and Jones were both the clear cut next guys who were both undefeated.

>i just don’t see the way they’re treating bo as all that special.
bo was on the main card of UFC 300 and headlined over several former champs, Ranked fighters, and fan favorites. You pointed out jones and Cejudo, But jones and Cejudo weren't on a block buster biggest card of the year. They didn't make the main card over Several former champions.

>he is very inexperienced any way you slice it. he probably can’t beat the top of the division now, but he probably could in a couple years, with more experience.
Im not saying he's not a top prospect, and im not saying they should throw him to the wolves, but he should face appropriate competition (which he has so far). Nothing against bo but he should not be on the main card of a card like UFC 300. over a guy like Diego Lopez or Jiri Prochazka. Henry and Jon were fighting people more credited then themselves in those opportunities, Bo was getting a showcase fight against a Tin can.

Last edited:
I see the Bo thing like this. He's only 28 and has lived and trained like a true athlete for years. One of two things will play out over the next year, year and half.
1) Bo will stay undefeated, take the strap, and hold it for some time.
2) He'll get another lower level guy before he gets a top ten. At that point, there's a really good chance he's finally gonna get cracked in the head and realize that this hit isn't wrestling, and he'll move on.

For me, I see a guy with a nearly unlimited upside, and I think the next two or three fights will be very interesting.

28 is not that young in MMA, especially for someone who's practically a noob. Aaron Pico is about the same age but with 6+ years experience.

28 is also not young for anyone with a wrestling based style in MMA. Too much wear and tear already. They usually start to fall off a little past 30 or switch to a mostly striking style (and he doesn't have the striking to do that).

Unless Bo is going to be one of those rare Randy Couture/Yoel Romero types that can go until they're very old (which there's no way to know), he probably has 4-5 years at his best left. And he's currently wasting some of that on fighting cans followed by long layoffs.

Hes not a real fighter bro. Hes not like us

Back