Lets talk fishing

No way! The berkley pitboss is my go to. I throw mine on a 7’6” heavy flipping rod, 25lb flouro, 5/16-3/8 tungsten (pegged), 4/0 straight shank flipping hook & i add rattle to the pitboss. I usually throw Okeechobee color, sometimes june bug, black/blue or green pumpkin.

I fish all over in Missouri & Illinois, but central Illinois has so many smaller lakes that are perfect for flipping & frogging which is what i like to do. I’ve gotten to the point where i just stick to lakes that are loaded with gizzard shad because the bass are so much bigger.

They're a sleeper. I typically throw the green pumpkin green flake or black / blue. 3/0 flipping hook on fluorocarbon. Using leaders this year. Dip the flippers in chartreuse garlic scent too. All my poles and reels are Lew's except one St Croix

Breckenridge Hills. I live right by St. Charles Rock Road

Im from St Charles. Live in south St Louis now. City cop over 14 years now. City lakes actually have big bass in em but they're disgusting. I legit broke off a dozen times in one day

That surprises me because one of the things I looked at was the supposed durability due to the cross hatch carbon fiber and the reel seat is supposed ti be extra sensitive
It is extra sensitive. The blank is good. Actually really good. They both snapped right above the second eye.

They're a sleeper. I typically throw the green pumpkin green flake or black / blue. 3/0 flipping hook on fluorocarbon. Using leaders this year. Dip the flippers in chartreuse garlic scent too. All my poles and reels are Lew's except one St Croix

Im from St Charles. Live in south St Louis now. City cop over 14 years now. City lakes actually have big bass in em but they're disgusting. I legit broke off a dozen times in one day
I like lews & daiwa reels. I prefer bass pro rods mainly because if they break, they exchange em for me. I haven’t tried any city lakes for bass. I go to Spanish sometimes. It’s decent for bass. Creve Coeur lake can be good sometimes but I’ve never caught anything over 4.5lbs. I’ve caught some good ones at busch.

I go for catfish in downtown St. Louis. I put my boat in at graffiti wall. Few times the metropolitan police had to let me out after they locked the gate at dark.

Retiring from the pd is what got into fishing so heavily. I had my spine fused back in 2019 and it was a hard recovery. Factor in the depression due to having to retire, I would barely leave the house. My wife called one of my cop buddies and he asked me to go and I got hooked again hardcore

It is extra sensitive. The blank is good. Actually really good. They both snapped right above the second eye.

Still, that shouldn’t happen. I have a local store owner checking if he still has any zodias. I might just pass on it though. I already have a Shimano pole to go with my vanford and with the money I would spend on the zodias, I would almost have enough for a Abu revo rocket and vendetta rod.

I love Mega Bass stuff. Jigs consistently produce and most top guys will tell ya its the go-to for big fish. But I digress... My top 5 were on a blade bait, a Strike King Rage Menace, a Zoom Trick Worm, a Z Man chattterbait, and a Chompers skirted grub

My top five is the Berkeley choppo in bone with a feathered rear hook. A sixth sense hybrid jig in black/blue with a black/blue creature bait trailer, a mega bass spinnerbait in orange, a 13 fishing trash panda frog with a stinger hook, and some type of whacky rig-my favorite was a strike king in chartreuse and brown(it was called something like fat baby bluegill iirc).

Most of my fish last year were caught on those top three.

I like lews & daiwa reels. I prefer bass pro rods mainly because if they break, they exchange em for me. I haven’t tried any city lakes for bass. I go to Spanish sometimes. It’s decent for bass. Creve Coeur lake can be good sometimes but I’ve never caught anything over 4.5lbs. I’ve caught some good ones at busch.

I go for catfish in downtown St. Louis. I put my boat in at graffiti wall. Few times the metropolitan police had to let me out after they locked the gate at dark.

Was at graffiti wall today

Father in law bought five acres a mile away from several St. Clair river boat ramps in September. Have made several trips clearing part of the lot for a permanent fishing camp.
Pictures will be incoming this spring!

My top five is the Berkeley choppo in bone with a feathered rear hook. A sixth sense hybrid jig in black/blue with a black/blue creature bait trailer, a mega bass spinnerbait in orange, a 13 fishing trash panda frog with a stinger hook, and some type of whacky rig-my favorite was a strike king in chartreuse and brown(it was called something like fat baby bluegill iirc).

Have you tried these o-rings for the wacky rig? I got some in an MLF mystery tackle box & they’re the only way I’ll fish a wacky rig now. The hook up ratio is way better than the normal o-rings & the senko has a perfect fall action

Attachments

• 4E93E08F-4D41-462D-AB61-02196EE5BA7D.jpeg
    4E93E08F-4D41-462D-AB61-02196EE5BA7D.jpeg
    512.8 KB · Views: 1
I almost went there today too. If you ever see a sparkly blue bass boat down there, that’s me.

We had Mardi Gras duty. We always check out the art.

Careful down there. Summer time its a shooting gallery.

The Senko is simply unbeatable. I like the Bass Pro Sticko and Yamamoto.

Attachments

• 20210801_191608_HDR.jpg
    20210801_191608_HDR.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4424.JPG
    IMG_4424.JPG
    553.3 KB · Views: 5
We had Mardi Gras duty. We always check out the art.

Careful down there. Summer time its a shooting gallery.
Yeah last year we had a lady walk up to us & ask us what we caught. She had 2 guys with her that followed her & they each had pistols in their hands while just staring at us not saying a word. Not sure what the dudes had planned, but we were being cool with the lady & gave her a catfish & some bait. I always keep a few smaller catfish & donate them at the ramp

Yeah last year we had a lady walk up to us & ask us what we caught. She had 2 guys with her that followed her & they each had pistols in their hands while just staring at us not saying a word. Not sure what the dudes had planned, but we were being cool with the lady & gave her a catfish & some bait. I always keep a few smaller catfish & donate them at the ramp

Saved by bottom feeders... Epic shit ! They cruise on LK Sullivan all summer. Shoot at barges and shit. About 5 murders down there last year. If you over want to meet up at a city lake shoot me PM. They stock them. Jefferson lake in Forest Park is loaded with bass and trout.

Have you tried these o-rings for the wacky rig? I got some in an MLF mystery tackle box & they’re the only way I’ll fish a wacky rig now. The hook up ratio is way better than the normal o-rings & the senko has a perfect fall action

Yeah, I use the o rings for wacky rigging. I also use the weed less wacky hooks.

Don’t know if I posted this or not, but here are my kayaks, freya and Fenrir. Freya is a perception outlaw 11.5 and Fenrir is an old town angler 9.5 for more difficult places to get to. The outlaw weights 90 lbs and Fenrir is about 38. 9A359FB3-36CC-4DD2-A784-4EAA34BA96F6.jpeg20034D7E-82BC-4C6F-86FC-58DDA66060CD.jpeg966CB174-6429-43CC-90A5-AF706DE69E23.jpegAAEFBE08-8D7C-4F31-8968-B53D965F1E3B.jpeg

Yeah, I use the o rings for wacky rigging. I also use the weed less wacky hooks.
I meant those exact mustad o-rings. They have an extra small o-ring attached to the main o-ring for putting the hook through. They work way better than the original single o-rings

Back