Lewis v Bowe

i think the Lewis that beat Ruddock was a great fighter, but was so raw, if there was ever a time for Bowe to fight Lewis it would have been right then, Bowe got outboxed by Holyfield by being lazy and Lewis got beat by McCall for being stupid

probably for the best the pair of them didnt fight each other otherwise can you imagine the excuses we would see these days

Buddy, you've strapped on so much white armor that you are going to kill your horse.

Fighters are ultimately grown men and (particularly once wealthy and established) they can demand that their managers make fights. 'My daddy wouldn't let me fight you' is a hollow excuse.

We all understand WHY there are many smart reasons why fighters and their managers duck fights. That's why ducks exist. But a duck is a duck.

And anyone that doesn't have their tongue firmly up Bowe's anus can see that this was a blatant duck.
I'm not gonna write much more about it, I've said everything that needs to be said and you're not getting it a bit. I'm not a Bowe fan partitcularly. Yes, fighters are men but like most men, other people have lots of influence, either a boss, or a church and with average joes,usually their women. I've already said boxers are normally just not that assertive. I'll just say one more thing because your getting insulting. Was a forum I was on in the 90's, it's been a long time but I believe it was a female poster who knew the inner workings with Merqui Sosa and others and she was saying our then arguement, it was probably about DLH or Jones, about fighters ducking anyone was just silly and how fighters that she knew of didn't have much say in who they fought. Of course, the stars and the longtime champs are gonna be different because they have some leverage but you really can't get anywhere in most careers by "putting your foot down", the only place that'll get most people is ostracized.

i think the Lewis that beat Ruddock was a great fighter, but was so raw, if there was ever a time for Bowe to fight Lewis it would have been right then, Bowe got outboxed by Holyfield by being lazy and Lewis got beat by McCall for being stupid

probably for the best the pair of them didnt fight each other otherwise can you imagine the excuses we would see these days
Absolutely, I went years wondering what the fuss was, he beat ruddock, good for him, he also struggled against Bruno and Mercer. I wasn't sold on him until he went on that streak as champion, that was undeniable, he ducked no one, feared no one, avenged his losses and got out on time. I know many people will say he was scared of a klitschko rematch but that's a similar arguement that we're having now for the most part. Fans are funny, if a fighter doesn't do what they want, they never forgive them it seems.

Back