The Ring Boxing Magazine December 1993 What If Mike Tyson Had Never Gone To Jail

tank666

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Anyone ever read this article in Ring magazine. I'm old enough to remember reading it when it came out but frustratingly can't find it anywhere. The Bowe v Lewis thread just reminded me.

They had full mock reports on three fictional fights against Holyfield, Lewis and Bowe. Really well written. I can remember they had Tyson knocking out Lewis in couple of rounds. Even had fictional interviews afterwards where Lewis said I guess I forgot to duck or something like that. I'm a huge fan of Lewis but like a lot of people worshipped Tyson and remember how invincible he seemed. I think Lewis would have been potentially one of his toughest fights but can't argue against the chance of Tyson catching him early. Edit Yes I know Tyson had already lost to Buster but I think the article assumed this motivated him to get back into as close to his prime condition as possible and train seriously.

Can't remember the Holyfield fight but I think it was referee stopping Holyfield with Tyson swarming him with punches. Again plausible I have always thought prime Tyson would have won against Holyfield.

The Bowe fight I remember they had Bowe winning with the referee stopping the fight in one of the last few rounds. Think Tyson had a broken eye socket and behind on points. Personally disagree with this and think Bowe would have been a tough tricky opponent but Tyson would have eventually worn him down in later rounds. Afterwards in fictional interview Tyson is holding an ice pack to his eye and says something like I guess that's it for me and boxing.

Anyway just thought I would mention it here and if anyone has the article would love to read it again! I looked on their archive but don't think it's on there.download.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back