Lewis vs Gus?

And unranked guy at HW coming of 3 losses vs the #1 contender? That's some weird matchmaking.

Not in this era of UFE..

If you have a big name you get rewarded regardless of your previous bouts.

Makes sense... get finished by 78 years old Werdum in the first and then take the #1 contender.

Gus has issues with athletic and explosive dudes. Black Beast in this hoe.

Are you sure he wasnt offered Gus fried chicken from Breaking Bad?

Hahaha, this for real? I thought Gus' try at HW would be a one off-thing.
His ground game vs Werdum was awful, that really should have sent his ass back to LHW.

Can't say I'm surprised though if the UFC offered him a big payday to feed Lewis. It's how they do things now.

Technically, Gus is a really good boxer. I can see Gus winning this fight if it goes through. I mean, this fight is probably as difficult for Lewis as it gets. Lewis will always have puncher's chance against anybody at heavyweight. Gus probably would be better boxer than most at heavyweight.

At first I thought Lewis would dead Gus, but we will have to see. If Gus that fought against Jones shows up, Gus would have a better chance against Lewis as much as anyone at heavyweight.

I mean, like I said, UFC gives no fucks about what's fair, so I can see them putting this fight on the same card as Jones vs Ngannou.

The Gus who fought Jones hasn't existed since the Jones fight, 8 years ago.
Gus is too small for Heavyweight, the way Werdum dragged him down, I wouldn't recommend him fighting Lewis who would easily drag his ass down and knock him out

Gus is too small for Heavyweight, the way Werdum dragged him down, I wouldn't recommend him fighting Lewis who would easily drag his ass down and knock him out

I'm not saying he will, but if he can come in at solid 240 pounds, and can fight like in his prime, he can best Lewis. It's more like Lewis will knock him out, but you can outbox him. His boxing is shit, he just hits so hard and actually has a good timing and fat but athletic.

Gus at 240 pounds solid and if he can fight like he fought Texeira he can box lewis's ears off

1) sounds insane. Why would Lewis take that fight ? Makes zero sense for him. I mean is Gus even ranked at hw?

that said, Gus posted pics this morning from some form of training camp in southern Europe and stated that there's " big news coming " and literally "I'm coming back".

still unlikely that it's against Lewis. Several HW's could have been offered the fight.

2) if Gus doesn't improve roughly 300% performance wise, Lewis will destroy him and it might be the first time Gus gets knocked out cold. Which not even rumble could achieve bouncing his head off the canvas. At this stage, unless gus goes to the states for a proper camp with high level coaches, hes just going to keep declining. Retire ffs and stop breaking my heart.

He had some brilliant performances after Jones. Smith and onwards = horrible.

Lol did Alex buck ur gurl why u wanna see him died

I have no source but I know guys I know that train with Lewis say he was offered this fight since they are planning to book Ngnannou vs Jones. Personally I think Gus gets slept.
If you're not trolling, this is one of the weirdest match ups I've ever heard of. Title shot deserving Lewis, with a win over the current champ, on a 4 fight win streak vs 3 fight losing streak Gus... that said, when Gus is on - he's good. His last two wins are the very two guys now fighting for the LHW title. Maybe if he comes in all motivated there could be something.

If you're not trolling, this is one of the weirdest match ups I've ever heard of. Title shot deserving Lewis, with a win over the current champ, on a 4 fight win streak vs 3 fight losing streak Gus... that said, when Gus is on - he's good. His last two wins are the very two guys now fighting for the LHW title. Maybe if he comes in all motivated there could be something.
No troll
220px-I_Heard_It_Through_the_Grapevine_Marvin_Gaye_1980s_Levi%27s_reissue.png

Gus didn't look in good shape for Werdum and he got into a stupid grappling exchange. If he's really in shape and Lewis doesn't have any interest in the belt, then fuck it.

nah gus should face walt harris or arlovski

Last edited:
Back