Life Changing Books

0590110020.jpg

Imajica by Clive Barker gave me the deep feels like no other book. I remember sitting quietly alone for about an hour after I finished.
I felt like that after reading Abarat

I read the bible and turned my life around immediately. Started burning bibles for a living.

Funny, I'm reading the bible and realized I was a descendant of abraham. Now i cant wait for this babylonian society to burn itself out.

Communist Manifesto really had a profound effect on me

This book changed my life in so many ways. It reached me in ways no book has before or after reading it. Highly recommended.

9781682045008_p0_v1_s550x406.jpg

Blue Highways by William Least Heat Moon.

Fooled by Randomness by NN Taleb, maybe the Black Swan. Dude is a pompous belligerent one note asshole, but he's got a point about a probabilistic outlook and the role of the vagaries of fate and in particular unknown unknowns in our lives and society

His twitter feed is awful and fantastic all at the same time. Probably as close to a mystic as anyone I follow, which I'm sure is a description he would immediately block me for lol.

This book changed my life in so many ways. It reached me in ways no book has before or after reading it. Highly recommended.

I read a few chapters in high school and thought, "Wow this Hitler guy was an idiot! I can't believe people fell for his gimmick." Then I learned many people blindly follow destructive idiots in power.

Im a huge reader, but one really stands out to me. The Elegant Universe by Brian Greene. I read that when I was about 15 or 16 and it set me on the course to being who I am today.

I'm sure you're joking, but I actually loved Mein Kampf. Super interesting if you're into history.

The Fabric of the Cosmos is also great. All of Brian Greene's work is great. He finally coming out with a new one next year.

I read a few chapters in high school and thought, "Wow this Hitler guy was an idiot! I can't believe people fell for his gimmick." Then I learned many people blindly follow destructive idiots in power.

Truth. A lot of idiots worshiped Obama. Hell, he even got a Nobel prize for doing nothing.

obama-smug.jpg

Back