Life is Process of Disillusionment

P

Pugilistic

It seems like the more I go through life, meet people, have business interactions, date, and in general learn more about people and society, I get more and more disillusioned and my faith in humanity gets chipped away little by little. I know I shouldn't think like this though.

I used to be incredibly negative in my youth. I grew up with a very idealized view of the world (you get rewarded for hardwork and everything will work out if you follow the rules, and rules are in place for a reason, etc.), but of course that stuff gets eroded with experience in life. You learn that people are shallow, they screw each other over, they lie and cheat, and those with authority can be just as immoral and corrupt. I hated people and society but I realized I was just making myself miserable by thinking this way.

I worked very hard to minimize such thoughts and instead focus on the things I can do. I tried to focus on the positives of life and be grateful for being on this earth. I also met a lot of amazing people as well who gave me hope and optimism.

But nowadays I find those negative thoughts creeping back in again. My experience with life is wearing down my optimism. I've gotten screwed over professionally, seen my friends screwed over legally, and witnessed so much unprofessional behavior at work. I had former friends blame me for their screw ups. Even in dating I've met so many women cheat on their significant others. But before this turns into a woman bashing thread, don't pretend men don't do it too. I realize I'm part of the problem which only furthers my disillusionment because I'm not better.

I want to believe people are good but nowadays it is a mental struggle to maintain the optimism I have/used to have. I still believe in the beauty of life, but it just doesn't lie in people. Part of me wants to shut myself out socially and only focus on lifting and hanging out with my dog. At least those two things won't lie to me.

What can I do to not be disillusioned by life?

Your reward for working is money. Don't worry about anything else; promotions/awards/pats of the back/etc. are worthless unless they translate to cash.

Have simple and honest relationships with people. If someone does you wrong move on. If cheating women disgust you don't give them the time of day. And so on.

Run/lift/play with the dog and date only really nice girls who show equal interest in you.

I like you homie. Next time I'm in busan we'll chill and meet some ho's and you'll realize how good you are with women in comparison to your average sherdogger.

I wish I had the answer for you bro, but after Jennifer love Hewitt let herself go, I'm very disillusioned myself.

That's why you have to be very selective with the types of people you keep company with

I was playing Pubg the other day and this guy in my squad killed me for my gear. I was enraged.

So I went and got some ice cream and life was good again.

didn't read.
you can start by knocking down those walls of text
wall-break-gif.gif

Reality sucks. Fairy tales aren't real. Most people come to that realization at some point in life.

Maybe you need a change of scenery.

Go to Detroit for a week. After that, everything about your life will seem awesome

It seems like the more I go through life, meet people, have business interactions, date, and in general learn more about people and society, I get more and more disillusioned and my faith in humanity gets chipped away little by little. I know I shouldn't think like this though.

I used to be incredibly negative in my youth. I grew up with a very idealized view of the world (you get rewarded for hardwork and everything will work out if you follow the rules, and rules are in place for a reason, etc.), but of course that stuff gets eroded with experience in life. You learn that people are shallow, they screw each other over, they lie and cheat, and those with authority can be just as immoral and corrupt. I hated people and society but I realized I was just making myself miserable by thinking this way.

I worked very hard to minimize such thoughts and instead focus on the things I can do. I tried to focus on the positives of life and be grateful for being on this earth. I also met a lot of amazing people as well who gave me hope and optimism.

But nowadays I find those negative thoughts creeping back in again. My experience with life is wearing down my optimism. I've gotten screwed over professionally, seen my friends screwed over legally, and witnessed so much unprofessional behavior at work. I had former friends blame me for their screw ups. Even in dating I've met so many women cheat on their significant others. But before this turns into a woman bashing thread, don't pretend men don't do it too. I realize I'm part of the problem which only furthers my disillusionment because I'm not better.

I want to believe people are good but nowadays it is a mental struggle to maintain the optimism I have/used to have. I still believe in the beauty of life, but it just doesn't lie in people. Part of me wants to shut myself out socially and only focus on lifting and hanging out with my dog. At least those two things won't lie to me.

Here is the best advice I can give you with your OP.

ThoughtBeh.jpg

viciouscircle1.jpg

its F'ing annoying to hear this, but imo, attitude really is everything. optimists are not always right. theyre often wrong. BUT....optimists will find solutions where "realists" and pessimists assumed there were none. they create solutions, not excuses.

i used to be EXTREMELY negative. different things will work for different people, but the following things changed my life:

exercise. MAKE yourself do it long enough, and youll start to want to do it. your body will create more mitochondria = more energy.

meditation. check the free "insight timer" app. some med. teachers are weird and not for me. maybe others will like that magical type stuff. i like the more straightforward secular teachers.

stop eating like shit.

be metacognizant of the automatic negative thinking that i posted at the top. meditation helps with this. you think about why you think what you do more often. you catch yourself, and your emotions. you realize that those things are choices.

try new things. break up your routine.

to serpent, dunno.
some random karate movie no doubt.
and yea, sadly I image checked current love hewitt.
ugh, how could she become so fugly

I mean, yeah dude. Yeah. I thought I had reached maximum apathy by my mid 20's. Then had a series of ups and downs through my late 20's and early 30's, and now I laugh at that optimistic fucker at 30 that thought he had finally figured the game out.

All you can do is keep making goals and working towards them.

Back