Lima vs Rory, how will it go?

Dozer .

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Will Rory be able to outwrestle and possibly outstrike Lima?

Or will Lima be able to land his vicious leg kicks in route to outstriking and possibly TKOing Rory?

I got Lima winning by 49-46 UD.

Thoughts?

If rory take the fight down, he has the advantage.

If lima can keep it standing, then you could say that he has an advantage. The power is there for lima.

I’m guessing slowly and cautiously. I think they stand at a distance and pod shot each other. At the end of each round the viewer will think “Well, that was a close round, but not much happened. Hopefully they pick it up this next round.” But they never will. In the end, Rory will win on points because while the stand up was even, Rory will shoot a few takedowns. He will never quite get the takedown, but will push Lima to the cage and land some mostly meaningless dirty boxing. It will be just enough to say that “all else equal, I guess Rory had a bit more cage control.”

We will be disappointed. Sorry to be a nay sayer, but I think that that’s how this one plays out. I look forward though to the fighters proving me wrong (as they often do) and the posters making me eat crow the next day.

If rory take the fight down, he has the advantage.

If lima can keep it standing, then you could say that he has an advantage. The power is there for lima.
This.

Lima is arguably the best striker at WW. Rory is no slouch but his best chance is to grapple or at least mix it up A LOT

If Rory allows Lima to land leg kicks early he will win. If Rory secures a takedown with ease he will win.

Leaning towards Lima winning the longer I have to think about it.

Lima will break his nose

Rory will get him down and tap him. Rory has good enough striking to keep Lima gun shy, if Lima over commits to his kicks he's going to get tripped or dumped and then tapped out.

Hopefully Rory wins so we get Rory x Mousasi

After Mousasi wins the MW title of course. They've both expressed interested in a fighting each other.

I think Rory will implement dat Koreshkov 1 strategy on Lima

Hopefully Rory wins so we get Rory x Mousasi

After Mousasi wins the MW title of course. They've both expressed interested in a fighting each other.

If Lima can beat Rory I don't get why you wouldn't be nearly just as excited for Lima vs Moose?

I think Rory will implement dat Koreshkov 1 strategy on Lima

I think Lima will implement that Koreshkov 2 strategy lol. Tough fight to call however even as a Canuck I still would like Lima to win

Rory by UD most likely. Lima is great, in a good day top-5 in a world probably, but pressure of big stage and biggest fight of his career will got him, i think. he didn't look good in his previous big fight with Larkin and Lirkin turned out to be not even that good as we thought he was.

i have Rory by UD in a verry competitive fight. i think his grappling will make the diffrence.

I think Rory s wrestling is being severely overrated here.

I think Rory s wrestling is being severely overrated here.
I just think it’s the fact that Lima has shown less than stellar tdd in the past as well as Rory being well rounded.

Can’t hate on Lima for being taken down by Askren, but he was taken down and controlled by Andrey. Lima was definitely injured for his first fight against Andrey,but he will still taken down.

I really hope Lima works on the sweeps and the td because he will need to keep it standing if he wants to win.

Smart money says Rory, but Lima has the power to change any fight.

I don't see Lima having much for Rory if he sticks to a game plan of taking this fight to the ground much more than standing. I'm sure Lima will have a moment or two in the fight so as long he doesn't connect flush Rory shouldn't have too much problem getting the win.

Back