4. George Foreman
5. Evander Holyfield
6. Joe Frazier
7. Mike Tyson
8. Rocky Marciano
9. Francis Ngannou
10. Tyson Fury

Last edited:
It's not trolling but the fact youre not smart enough to understand how the world works doesn't surprise me.

It's not trolling?
Everything you do is trolling sir.

Joe Louis held the HW title for 12 years and you don't even have him on the list ffs.

Yet you have Ngannou....but you're not trolling, smfh.

I would rank Foreman and Louis 1-2. My ranking behind them have fluctuated over the years the more I've learned but right now I'd probably go Ali, Tunney and Lewis to round out the top 5?

I used to have Frazier over Ali cause Frazier was smaller and Ali winning the trilogy was decided by pure luck rather than boxing(his corner quit seconds before Alis were going to). But Fraziers career was really short for an ATG HW(not the years the number of fights). Also while I think Ali was lucky against Foreman he still won.

Not responding to the bait of you putting Francis and Fury 9 and 10.

Not having Louis within the top 10 should be a yellow card offence.

If we take out the Schmeling loss Louis's resume is the closest thing to Jones in boxing. You had a competitive era with several guys passing the belt around and Louis beat them all. Most of those wins weren't even title fights yet Louis still broke the title defense record. And to top it all off the title was paused for 4 years during WW2. Louis finished with 24 title defenses if he'd fought during WW2 he could have over 30 title defenses.

And again those 30 defenses would be leaving out wins over 3 champions(Max Baer, Jack Sharkey and Carnera) and 2 contenders(Pastor and Uzcudin). And then after retiring for 2 years and losing his lineal belt to Ezzard Charles Louis won another 8 fights in a row(mostly good opponents) before Rocky Marciano retired him for good. And to top it all off he retired he was just 37 had missed 6 years and still had almost 40 top 10 wins. So its like having 40 top 10 wins by the age of 31. Which is just fucking insane.

Jack Johnson definitely deserves to be here.

Only 2 title finishes along with 2 draws. Also he hogged the belt in the 1910s(as did Willard after beating him). He skipped over Langford, Jeanette and McVea to give a title shot to Jim Johnson and then didn't even beat Jim Johnson. To his credit Johnson was 8-1-1 against the big 3 black fighters before winning the belt but these were all decisions and Langford and McVea were really young when Johnson fought them. This is not to mention the white guys Johnson didn't fight in the 1910s and who got passed over for a title shot in favor of Jim Flynn and Frank Moran(the Jorge Masvidal of his time).

In the 1900s he fought and beat mostly everyone but wasn't dominant and in the early 1910s he hogged the belt. His most impressive wins seem to either come where his opponents were very old, very young or super small(like 5 ft 7 small). His best win that doesn't fall into these categorys is Kaufman. And while the size thing isn't Johnsons fault in ATG HW convos it matters. Its why Tommy Burns isn't in GOAT convos either despite having double digit title defenses.

Also Johnson lost to Willard and Marvin Hart who you could argue are the worst 2 lineal HW champs ever. I think Hart is underrated but think hes the only lineal HW champ to not make the HOF. How could you be the best HW champ when you lose to the worst HW champs?

It kind of depends on whether you are talking about who can actually win in head-to-head, or who was most dominant in their time. Hard to really rank everyone because of stylistic matchups.
1. Ali
2. Lewis
3. Holmes (Pre-Spinks he is way underrated)
4. Foreman
5. Frazier (Underrated, beats everyone Marciano beat)
6. Bowe (Yes, this is more on potential if he hadn't wrecked his life, but he did beat up Holyfield 2 out of 3 times, Lennox Lewis-like ability IMO)
7. Louis (200 pounds would have struggled against big strong guys with long reach, most dominant career but not a strong time for HW IMO)
8. Kltitsko
9. Marciano (Retired young and the greats he faced were older; I don't know that at 185 pounds he could have gotten past the taller fighters with longer arms).
10. Tyson/Holyfield/Norton
11. Francis :mad:

Last edited:
Back