Television LOKI TV Series (Season 2 Finale)

If you have seen the entire first season of LOKI, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Marvel need to stop being prick-teasers and bring in Heel Magneto or Doctor Doom. Someone with enough power and gravitas to be a legitimate threat. Especially given how ridiculously OP'd some of the heroes are now - yes, I'm looking you, Wanda and Giah:rolleyes:
I feel like they are saving the real big bads for a full on reboot. No one wants to see Dr Doom fight the C-list Avengers.

I feel like they are saving the real big bads for a full on reboot. No one wants to see Dr Doom fight the C-list Avengers.

If they don't start putting out better content soon, the MCU won't last long enough to be rebooted.

looks like another "planet of the week" type show. I didnt like the first season so probably wont like this season. It doesnt look like its going to go anywhere then they will tak some crap on the end to make the show seem important to the MCU.

Apart from Major's personal problems, Kang is just a shit Big Bad. He was supposed to be the next Thanos, but in his first appearance, he basically commits suicide by cop, allowing Loki With Tits to kill him. Then he gets murked by fucking Ant Man in Quantummania. He's 0 for 2, and this is the guy who's supposed to be on the same level as the Mad Titan?

<DisgustingHHH>

This to a letter. His power scale has been established. In the first Thanos fight, we see him wipe the floor with Hulk, one of the heaviest hitters in MCU. Without powering the power stone.

Kang has "variants" that are more powerful. But showing him get stabbed by female Loki is done, and it's hard to get "over" that impression. Well, at least without any deus ex machina type of power up.

Marvel need to stop being prick-teasers and bring in Heel Magneto or Doctor Doom. Someone with enough power and gravitas to be a legitimate threat. Especially given how ridiculously OP'd some of the heroes are now - yes, I'm looking you, Wanda and Giah:rolleyes:

Magneto for major "national" villain, including the Avengers needing to call X-men. Doom for full scale "world Avengers" assembly (presumably with an army of faceless villains).

And hopefully, no more Wanda like powers. It's really hard to top that. Also, Super Skrull should have been a FF thing. Can't get over that.

This to a letter. His power scale has been established. In the first Thanos fight, we see him wipe the floor with Hulk, one of the heaviest hitters in MCU. Without powering the power stone.

Kang has "variants" that are more powerful. But showing him get stabbed by female Loki is done, and it's hard to get "over" that impression. Well, at least without any deus ex machina type of power up.

Magneto for major "national" villain, including the Avengers needing to call X-men. Doom for full scale "world Avengers" assembly (presumably with an army of faceless villains).

And hopefully, no more Wanda like powers. It's really hard to top that. Also, Super Skrull should have been a FF thing. Can't get over that.

Plus, Super-Skrull in the comics was limited to the FF's abilities or some combination of them. Not the powers of half the fucking MCU:rolleyes:

As I've said before, they need to put some limitations on Wanda's powers when they inevitably bring her back. Because at her current power level, she's basically capable of one-shotting every hero or villain. With the possible exception of Captain Marvel.

Plus, Super-Skrull in the comics was limited to the FF's abilities or some combination of them. Not the powers of half the fucking MCU:rolleyes:

As I've said before, they need to put some limitations on Wanda's powers when they inevitably bring her back. Because at her current power level, she's basically capable of one-shotting every hero or villain. With the possible exception of Captain Marvel.
Amen. I do kind of hope they don't bring her back. Her story is done. Also, there is no redeeming her after what she's done, on this world and others.

Also (OT again), Skrulls being the homeless bums they are suddenly having tech that enabled them to take DNA of Avengers (and villains) and casually bring all those powers to a single individual is beyond insane. This kind of thing had to require smartest brains in the universe: Reed, Tony, or Rocket. Or Shuri (as apparently, she's smarter than and humiliates Banner).

Amen. I do kind of hope they don't bring her back. Her story is done. Also, there is no redeeming her after what she's done, on this world and others.

Also (OT again), Skrulls being the homeless bums they are suddenly having tech that enabled them to take DNA of Avengers (and villains) and casually bring all those powers to a single individual is beyond insane. This kind of thing had to require smartest brains in the universe: Reed, Tony, or Rocket. Or Shuri (as apparently, she's smarter than and humiliates Banner).

The whole series was just bad/lazy writing. The most glaring aspect of which is that Fury is unable to find a single planet for the Skrulls to settle on. Even with the full resources of SWORD, which specializes in Outer Space, and Captain freaking Marvel herself at his disposal.

Also, the Skrulls in the CM movie were no more of a physical threat than normal humans. Here they've got super-strength even before Gravik upgrades them.

Although Wanda isn't Magneto's daughter in the MCU, she does remind me of him in the sense that she does the Heel - Face Turn schtick so many times, she needs a revolving door. It's a shame, because she started out as an interesting character, and Olsen played her very well. And she's easy on the eyes, which doesn't hurt;) But at this point, she's both ridiculously OP and morally bankrupt. Not a compelling combination.

At least Magneto had a sympathetic backstory, being a freaking Holocaust survivor who had experienced the worst of humanity. Yeah, he's a ruthless bastard, to the point that even his friends sometimes have to call him out for behaving in a way that's uncomfortably similar to a certain Austrian chap with a silly mustache. But his motivations are understandable. Much like Israel itself, Magneto's creed is simply: Never Again.

By contrast, Wanda mind-rapes an entire town because her favorite vibrator got broken. She then threatens the existence of the Multiverse itself, because she's determined to replace her imaginary children with two real-life kids who already have a happy childhood and a loving mother.

(Seriously, girlfriend: just get your fine ass on Tinder. You'll need your Powers just to deal with the hordes of guys who are thirsting for you;))

With the Multiverse plot I spose they could do a pretty significant reboot whilst nominally being a soft reboot.

I wouldnt be supprised though if your right and they are deliberately holding back on some characters to give them something fresh to work with in the future.

I suspect they probably think leaving the X-men character aside for a few years will help when they are reintroduced and Doom as a big bad would be fresh as well.

MCU fatigue has set in for me, NGL.

I don't care about the B/C level heroes.

I want X-Men, a good F4, more Spiderman, some darker stuff like Punisher and Daredevil, and a good rendition of Ghost Rider.

That said I'll give it a start...

I’ll watch this but chalk me up as another one in the kang is a colossal can club. Dudes such a bum that he even got besmirched irl lmao.

MCU fatigue has set in for me, NGL.

I don't care about the B/C level heroes.

I want X-Men, a good F4, more Spiderman, some darker stuff like Punisher and Daredevil, and a good rendition of Ghost Rider.

That said I'll give it a start...
idc what anyone says—Spirit of Vengeance is a super fun Ghost Rider movie because it is so shamelessly bonkers & Nicolas is totally unhinged.

fwiw i’m a Nicolas & Neveldine/Taylor stan.

Last edited:
Seems no one's watched it yet, though.
Usually for me i just wait for the show to be over so i can just binge watch it. Did the same for season 1. Personally, for me hate streaming sites release just one episode weekly if i wanted that I'd just stick to cable

Seems no one's watched it yet, though.

I've taken one for the Team;)

No Spoilers Review.

- Hiddleston and Owen are still a damn near perfect double act. But the first episode spends most of it's run time on exposition, yet still manages to leave gaping holes in plot and logic.

- TVA cops/soldiers still use those goofy-ass nightsticks instead of real weapons.

- SMH at the MCU still trying to hype up Kang the Can-Crusher. Dude is 0 - 2, and one of those losses was to fucking Ant-Man:rolleyes:

- There's an after credits scene that sets up the next episode.

5/10

Last edited:
Back