LOL Dana still hates GSP

In the 288 post presser he talked about how great Jones is, saying "Who other than Jon Jones has taken 3 years off and looked as incredible as he did, going in there finishing a guy in a division he has never fought before as easily as he did."

The reporter says "Maybe GSP but he had a tough time with Bisping", to which Dana replies: "I don't know know if anybody has ever done it like Jon Jones" - absolutely no-selling GSP. It's almost hilarious at this point.

Of course Jones made it look easier than GSP but

- GSP had been gone for 4 years, Jones had been gone for 3 years
- GSP was 37, Jones was 35
- Bisping had a lot of experience and is very well rounded with excellent tdd, Gane is hilariously one-dimensional with not one day of wrestling, grappling or jiu jitsu experience

Not saying Jones didn't look good. But absolutely no-selling GSP is ridiculous.

At 37:25

Dana is always all about the "current" guy. He will never admit a past guy is the best (GSP) or a guy in another org (Fedor). It will be the same with Jones when he leaves.

In the 288 post presser he talked about how great Jones is, saying "Who other than Jon Jones has taken 3 years off and looked as incredible as he did, going in there finishing a guy in a division he has never fought before as easily as he did."

The reporter says "Maybe GSP but he had a tough time with Bisping", to which Dana replies: "I don't know know if anybody has ever done it like Jon Jones" - absolutely no-selling GSP. It's almost hilarious at this point.

- Bisping had a lot of experience and is very well rounded with excellent tdd, Gane is hilariously one-dimensional with not one day of wrestling, grappling or jiu jitsu experience

Bisping also lying to the commission about missing a eye.

Listen the real reason Dana hates GSP is
Dana wife told him, she thinks of Georges Pierre whenever they made tender love

This is the one time I’ll defend Dana. Dana didn’t want to give him a title shot because he knew GSP would just retire after and the belt would be vacant.

GSP promised him apparently multiple times that if he wins, he’ll stay at MW and defend the title. Specifically against Whittaker.

GSP wins, claims he can’t make the weight anymore and retires. Dana knew it was going to happen and has rightfully held a grudge since.

Jones came back and didn’t cherry pick his opponent. Gane on paper was the hardest fight imaginable fight for him at HW. It didn’t turn out that way but most of us thought Gane would destroy him.

Meanwhile, GSP picks the weakest champion in MW history who is old, has no wrestling and flukes into the title to be the time that he comes back. Yeah, no one did it like Jones.

This part is irrelevant.
That part is absolutely relevant being a shitty person affected his mma career greatly he was striped of his title because of it so of course that would come in to play when we look at his career.

For those claiming that Dana is just getting caught up in the present, he doesn’t speak about GSP the same way he speaks about Silva, tbh.

I’ve never really heard Dana speak as glowingly about GSP as the way he does about Jones, Conor, Silva and Khabib.

I wonder why, since GSP is an all-time great and a good ambassador for the sport.

GSP was never my friend!

honestly, its. Badge of honour for GSP to be in Dana’s bad books. That means he is doing something right.

Dana is right. No one does is like jones. Especially if we are talking how Jones failing multiple drug tests and requiring the ufc to move a card at the last minute because of a failed test.

not to mention his behaviour outside the cage. Hitting his fiancé, dui, speeding. All that crap. Dana loves it because train wrecks sell.

I dunno man, GSP lost two fights then showed he could come back stronger, Jones at least lost two out of three questionable decisions and instead of coming back stronger he seemed to come back weaker and more cautious, those gifts by the judges were kind of ridiculous, I give him the gus fight (maybe) but that's about it. GSP had a questionable Hendricks win as well. Gane is absolute ass on the ground and was dominated by Nganou who learned how to wrestle in that fucking night, so for someone as good as jones it shouldn't be that big of a deal to take down and submit someone that bad.

GSP did struggle with Bisping more than he should have but then again Bisping has a knack for toughing it up, look at the Anderson fight, he was also supposed to get creamed by Cockhold, and look at what happened, he turned Rockhold into a joke for the rest of his career in one single night.

Then you take into account the controversies, GSP had the whole greasing vs Penn thing, which was bullshit, Jones clearly has cheated before but he gets a pass by the UFC, when other fighters get lifetime bans for even smelling drugs.

To me it's not even close, GSP is by far the greatest MMA fighter ever, my doubt is if I would put Jones second, his cheating is so blatant that I am not sure, but then again who goes in second? Anderson? That guy has cheated as well, Fedor? For sure but he never competed in the UFC at his best and "Anderson'd" his career by losing to fighters he would have demolished in his prime, making his overall legacy look worse.

I think it could be Jones second, Khabib could have been but he retired too early, if he had just stuck it out for a while longer he could have become number 1 but he was too eager to retire with an undefeated record and coach.

I dunno, GSP first then any combination of Khabib, Fedor and Jones in the next three, I'd be fine with either combo as long as GSP is first.

Gane with his trash wrestling is better than anyone GSP ever fought.

You have any idea how much money Gsp made that company, Dana should talk about Gsp with the highest respect, or course he won’t because he’s a total no class , but what else is new

To be fair Dana built the UFC and without him GSP might have never had the opportunity to make millions. He fought Bisping and then said he'd fight Whittaker but then ducked with the collitis excuse

He then started talking about wanting to fight Khabib and publicly blamed the UFC for it not happening. Dana's reluctance to praise GSP should be understandable to anyone who isn't blinded by their fanboyism for Georges

Love Gsp and dislike Jones but 33 year old Gane was a far tougher fight than 38 soon to be 39 year old Ping.

I mean, to some small extent GSP did struggle early in that fight. It was like the extra weight and Bispings size was giving him trouble. Obviously he ended it in spectacular fashion but compared to what Jones did to Gane...

Very true but he is also a promoter, why is he gong to promote a retired fighter?

Back