Lol @ winn

tenor.gif

Are u joking? U must not follow NBA or NFL. The draft hypes up a ton of players....

NFl: jaMarcus Russel, Bryan Bosworth (they called him Z"The Bos" he did commercials with his mohawk. He STILL ACTS TODAY). Brian Bosworth, Reggie Bush, Adrian Peterson, MAURICE CLARETT, Alex Smith, Ryan Leaf, Peyton.

NBA: LEBron, carmello, Greg Oden, markelle FULTZ, AI, stephon MARBERY, zion Williamsn,

NHL: MOST HYPED OFF ALL-TIME = ERIC Lindros

Just another unwarranted hype job like Aaron Pico. Other sports don't have this problem. You don't give guys this much positive press, when they haven't proven themselves yet. Unreal.

I knew there was some hype behind this guy but he's way too small at mw and he's obviously not in his best shape. I dont see him lasting long in the UFC without going on a diet and getting on a treadmill
My thoughts. Didnt he not make weight? I lift and run but not like I'm fighting a man and I'm 5'9 180 if I'm heavy. Dude clearly was an amazing wrestler that had no motivation because he can win off his wrestling. Usually fatty dudes that are small have beast cardio but his cardio was worse than a huge no BF MW. dude is just a lazy talented wrestler.

Winn won. Major controversial decision that no one will. Care about because he isn't a someone

LOL How is Winn anything like Pico?

Winn got some buzz because he's DC's mini-me. Most people here just laughed at him because of his height.

Pico was supposed to be the future of MMA.

They are both beneficiaries of unwarranted hype. Not that complicated. You're over analyzing what was posted and thinking that I implied that they received the same exact amount of hype. Go outside.

Winn won the first and second round, he was losing the first half of the third then he started dominating on the ground again until the last 15-20 seconds.

Also, Winn slammed Stewart into the ground multiple times, the only reason Stewart is okay is due to the artificially soft canvas of the octagon. Stewart won at the boxing but he didn't actually knock Winn out so he didn't actually stop him, whereas Winn took Stewart down hard multiple times

If the canvas were made of cement, the outcome would be completely different. We should add a rule that slamming a person into the canvas wins by TKO even if they can still fight. OR, make the canvas harder like it used to be.

The canvas was harder, it's much more bouncy now you can even see the canvas bouncing now.

And on cement it's even worse.

I am very upset at this decision.

How can someone that small miss weight?

Winn won the first and second round, he was losing the first half of the third then he started dominating on the ground again until the last 15-20 seconds.

Also, Winn slammed Stewart into the ground multiple times, the only reason Stewart is okay is due to the artificially soft canvas of the octagon. Stewart won at the boxing but he didn't actually knock Winn out so he didn't actually stop him, whereas Winn took Stewart down hard multiple times

If the canvas were made of cement, the outcome would be completely different. We should add a rule that slamming a person into the canvas wins by TKO even if they can still fight. OR, make the canvas harder like it used to be.

The canvas was harder, it's much more bouncy now you can even see the canvas bouncing now.

And on cement it's even worse.

I am very upset at this decision.

Winn missed weight by a significant amount and got outstruck over all three rounds. No amount of bawwing about that will change that and there are way more differences between a real fight and an MMA fight than just the firmness of the floor.

I'm not trying to talk smack about someone who could clearly whip my ass.... but man, Winn is NOT going to be successful at 185. He needs to get a serious nutritionist and trainer to change his body drastically to safely cut to 170, and EVEN THEN he might struggle with some WW's.

Winn missed weight by a significant amount and got outstruck over all three rounds. No amount of bawwing about that will change that and there are way more differences between a real fight and an MMA fight than just the firmness of the floor.
Winn took Stewart down at will with hard slams. He was getting pieced up on the feet really badly but he wasn't knocked out. Would Stewart have been able to take those slams if he were outside the cage? idk man I don't think he'd be able to.

In Judo you can win by Ippon and in wrestling you can win by fall, there should be a similar thing in MMA.

Winn took Stewart down at will with hard slams. He was getting pieced up on the feet really badly but he wasn't knocked out. Would Stewart have been able to take those slams if he were outside the cage? idk man I don't think he'd be able to.

Winn didn't take Stewart down at will he went 6 for 15 in terms of takedowns. And slamming isn't that lethal if you know how to deal with it and even then, it's an MMA fight not a real fight. In a real fight the winner's probably the first guy to dig their fingers in the other guys eyes or kick them in the balls.

Back