Lomachenko would do great in MMA.

FedorGOAT

Ultimate Fedorist
Platinum Member
Reaction score

He has competed in wrestling, Judo & Sambo. Has otherworldly boxing. What more do you need? I see him running through UFC's bantamweight division like a knife in butter.

I've said it before, i'll say it again

If anyone can do a good job of it, it's Loma

This guy... apart from his wrestling experience, he's got angles that no mma guy has ever seen before

Apparently he took a few years off boxing only to study dancing. Joe Rogan mentioned it in a passing comment once, never mentioned it agian.

Apparently he took a few years off boxing only to study dancing. Joe Rogan mentioned it in a passing comment once, never mentioned it agian.

I've also heard him mention this only once.
He muttered it under his breath though.

His father had him do it so he can learn how to move his feet better, and then put him back into boxing. Loma has some of the best footwork in boxing right now, alongside Manny

The difference is that in contrast to a prime Manny or Roy JJ, he doesn't have amazing speed or reflexes but he has mastered movement via muscle memory.

I doubt any MMA org Can pay him as much as he earns boxing and he has many good sponsorships already.
Sad thing because I remember when the snake dillashaw went training with him. Loma was clowning him all the way

His father had him do it so he can learn how to move his feet better, and then put him back into boxing. Loma has some of the best footwork in boxing right now, alongside Manny

The difference is that in contrast to a prime Manny or Roy JJ, he doesn't have amazing speed or reflexes but he has mastered movement via muscle memory.

He’s a lot faster with his hands than an MMA fighter though.

His footwork is incredible. Does he still spar with TJ? TJ also has great footwork

He’s a lot faster with his hands than an MMA fighter though.
Yeah I wouldn't doubt it, with all that experience as a grappler and his intelligence I'd assume he's a quick learner and wouldn't need more than a couple years of serious training to be a contender at BW or FW some day.

His footwork is incredible. Does he still spar with TJ? TJ also has great footwork

His footwork is probably actually more beneficial in the Octagon than the ring.

All of this is of trivial significance compared to how he handles BJJ though.

A lot of people were wrestlers but performed terribly grappling wise in ufc, plus Loma has now for years and years shaped his style around boxing, doing a lot of stuff that boxing allows freely and where otherwise MMA will punish you with clinches takedowns thai clinches knees etc. You can't really lean forward with your gloves sticking to your forehead as the jabs and punches go through the small gloves, what was the mistake many kickboxers did in mma.

What happened to that Boston Salmon boxer guy? There were decent amount of good amateur boxers doing poorly in MMA.

Hed knock the shit out of some of these MMA bums for sure.

Back