Looking for good instructional MMA dvd's?

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
What are some very good MMA instructional dvd's. I am talking MMA here not gi or no gi bjj. I know a lot of it would be helpful in MMA but really just looking for a straight MMA dvd. I train at a gym with 10+ years of Muay Thai under my belt but MT fights are hard to come by in the states. Going to start training MMA which my gym provides, but like to gain possibly additional knowledge from a good dvd.

So any suggestions?

Thanks.

Awesome thanks man, much appreciated!

Look up the Demian Maia Science of BJJ series

If you want something more tuned strictly for MM not just gi or nogi, you should check out eric paulson's combast submission wrestling dvds - there are clips on youtube. They incorporate striking into your ground game and takedowns/grappling as well. All integrated so you don't have to fill in the pieces of the puzzle yourself.

Sperry's Vale Tudo series is very highly regarded.

Cool guys thanks for all the suggestions!

Awesome thanks man, much appreciated!

Anytime, buddy. Check budovideos for more. They have a huge list of MMA instructionals. The Rua Instructional is very good. Their base is in Muay Thai (as is mine when I first started training in MMA) and they cover lots of things that lean towards helping the striker (striking for MMA, defending takedowns, getting back to your feet, etc..).

Of course, nothing beats the actual training and experience. Good luck!

Mario Sperry's and Bas Rutten's are the main one's that come to mind. Plus they're hilarious.

SBGi does some pretty cool stuff in regards to mixing styles as well.

I absolutely friggen love Nogueira's Guard for MMA dvd series. Covers Passes, Sweeps, Subs and GNP from closed, open and half (even some butterfly stuff).

I really enjoyed Karo's Judo for MMA ones. Some really cool adapted throws etc.

Wow guys, tons of suggestions, thanks! Just have the money for one set right now. Will look them all over, and grab one to supplement my training on off days.

Has anyone ever watched BJJ Sweeps DVD by Flavio Almeida???

or any of the Marcio Feitosa's Gracie Barra Fundamentals Curriculum DVD's????

just curious im interested in looking to buy them

Check out Dennis Kang's dvd from grapplearts.com. Also look at Sperry's Vale Tudo sets and Darrel Gholar's Vale Tudo Takedowns set.

Has anyone ever watched BJJ Sweeps DVD by Flavio Almeida???

or any of the Marcio Feitosa's Gracie Barra Fundamentals Curriculum DVD's????

just curious im interested in looking to buy them

I have Marcio Feitosa's dvds. They are not bad. Good basics mixed in with self defense. There's new dvds out now by Marcio Feitosa which deals with the advanced curriculum.

Back