looking for some hip hop/rap that will blow me away

This is one of the most important rap songs ever made.

Nobody has flow like Wierd Al.

Honestly hes a great musician and performer.

If you ever get a chance to see him do it. Great artist. His live performance made me gain so much respect

Steelo 207 (or was that 702?)
American Boy Estelle
Faith Evans
The ol' reliable: Hypnotize Notorious BIG

Some great contributions ITT already.

Here's a new name to add to the mix; Tobe Nwigwe.

New kid on the block and the dude can rap.

His collection called 'The Originals' was released earlier this year and it is fucking great.

He's about release the second Originals compilation in the next week or so I think. Guy puts in work. Releases a new song basically every week.

Oh, and because it's a hip hop thread on Sherdog I feel compelled to post the greatest example of rapping I've ever seen...

Alrighty sherdoggers and music lovers I myself am an avid fan of just about every genre of music. Rock being my favorite for example Modest Mouse and Nine Inch Nails.

Anyway like I said big fan of all genres but seems like when I try to think of my top 10 hip hop songs I sometimes have trouble .

I don't listen to new music anymore I have heard of these post Malone guys but couldn't name a track by him.

I suppose what I'm asking sherdog what are the most classic hip hop songs.

Ill start out with one

Check out the album Z-Ro "Let The Truth Be Told"

Maybe check out 'Edan - Beauty and the Beat' . Its an album made using classic/psychadelic rock samples, think it came out mid 00s -might be something you enjoy as a rock music fan; piece of brilliance and one of my favourites.

Anything by El-p or The Alchemist will probably blow you away. For the former check out his 'Cancer for the cure' album...just listening to it there and its still amazing; for the Alchemist any of his albums..i really like 'Russian Roulette' a rocky 4 /russian concept mix. The guy is an artist.

Last edited:
Listen to Canibus btw if you haven't, He's arguably one of the greatest freestyle lyricists of all time, a sort of 'lyricist's lyricist' held up among the very best. Never really reached his peak in commercial success because of being blackballed supposedly and he blames Wyclef for fucking up one album etc. His diverse subject matter (the hour long freestyle above this post REALLY showcases this) usually impresses me, every time I listen I pick up on something really obscure. He must read a LOT of books.

^^^ Favourite Canibus verse at the moment lol, 3:00, goes off and outdoes Redman

Last edited:
Get ready for your fucking brains to blow out listening to that lyricism

This is where Irish hip hop is at .

Two second-gen Irish guys rapping with a 1st gen guy from Limerick manning the decks..
_ERr1Q4w_Cs

They are killing it live.

Get ready for your fucking brains to blow out listening to that lyricism

That album is a fucking slam dunk classic and hugely underrated, somehow lost in the shuffle of mid-90s greatness. He noticeably modified his flow from the DJ Polo albums. I was never that big on Canibus, but KGR wrecked this collab so thoroughly it almost made my eyes water.

Last edited:
Nwa was the most influential rap group of all time but Wu-tang was the best....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back