Looking for UFC fighter who (should have) won the fight even spending 3rds on his back.

MMA IAN

Aussie Pride World Wide
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Recently lost my external HD of favourite fights and this is one I'd like to get back, it would have been 8+ years ago and I don't think the fighter stuck around but he fought someone who safe wrestled him but the whole time on the ground he was throwing elbows and submissions, was a 101 example of why being on the bottom shouldn't be a negative criteria for judging.

Pretty sure he was brazilian. Think he had purple hair? Commentators called it for him. Any ideas cheers

I'm not sure which one you're thinking of mate.

But since were throwing around examples too... I haven't seen them in many years, but I thought Diego Sanchez should have beaten Jon Fitch and Mo Smith over Couture.

Recently lost my external HD of favourite fights and this is one I'd like to get back, it would have been 8+ years ago and I don't think the fighter stuck around but he fought someone who safe wrestled him but the whole time on the ground he was throwing elbows and submissions, was a 101 example of why being on the bottom shouldn't be a negative criteria for judging.

Pretty sure he was brazilian. Think he had purple hair? Commentators called it for him. Any ideas cheers
Hermes Franca? I don't remember the fights, but he lost to Sean Sherk and then Frankie Edgar in 2007/2008. those could've been lay'n'pray decisions...

https://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Hermes-Franca-3068

Back