Looking up old classmates on FB to see who is dead

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Anyone else do this? I have found 4 in my class so far, and a couple that were younger. I keep texting my one freind from high-school everytime I find a new one who has passed "Omg dude Chad Montoya has died!" "Whoa no way!".

I spend a lot of time doing research, looking people's profiles and pictures online. I guess that is the wierd part. I heard 1 was a suicide, another seems like it was an OD and I'm unsure about the other. two.

Maybe I'm a sick person? but it just amazes me how people my age (37) are dying off already.

I heard you needed to be a member of Facebook before you had access to that function, otherwise you're a hacker.

I haven't talked to anyone I went to school with for at least a decade. Who cares what happens to random strangers from a quarter of a century ago?

...and yes, I sound old.

I find that a bit weird, but will periodically engage (only when exceedingly bored) in checking who's where in life and how much they've let themselves go.

I recently saw a name similar to classmate's last name, so googled and turns out he died in past couple of years.

billy-madison-people-to-kill.gif

Mid 40's... so yeah, a few have sadly passed. But hope half are successful and half not , so I can feel neutral about where I am in life.

I haven't talked to anyone I went to school with for at least a decade. Who cares what happens to random strangers from a quarter of a century ago?

...and yes, I sound old.
Well I agree but I don't really consider these people random strangers. I spent a lot of time around these people and we share a common bond of being from the same suburb, going to the same schools and we all came of age at the same time (early 2000's). Even if I didn't know one of these people personally the name and face stands out and is still familliar.

I recently saw a name similar to classmate's last name, so googled and turns out he died in past couple of years.
Crazy isn't it? Do you know how he passed?

No lol. High school was 20 plus years ago. Anyone who I haven't kept in contact with i could not care less about

Maybe you have a tight knit town or something. Are you American or Canadian? I was speaking to some Japanese people the other day. They were telling me high school was the most memorable time of their lives then everything goes downhill afterwards. Our experience in America is somewhat different. It is usually shit in high school then it gets better. Not for me though. I scored 4 touchdowns in one game and I drive a dodge.

Well I agree but I don't really consider these people random strangers. I spent a lot of time around these people and we share a common bond of being from the same suburb, going to the same schools and we all came of age at the same time (early 2000's). Even if I didn't know one of these people personally the name and face stands out and is still familliar.

To each, their own. I haven't seen 99% of them since I left school 25 years ago so they're the furthest thing from my mind. I don't wish them and more good or ill than I would for a complete stranger on the street.

/shrugs

Maybe you have a tight knit town or something. Are you American or Canadian? I was speaking to some Japanese people the other day. They were telling me high school was the most memorable time of their lives then everything goes downhill afterwards. Our experience in America is somewhat different. It is usually shit in high school then it gets better. Not for me though. I scored 4 touchdowns in one game and I drive a dodge.

Yea, but what do you do for a living NOW?

i dont wish them any ill will but i dont check up on them at all. although i went to about 5 high schools across two states lol

i do check booking records from places that i grew up to see if any of the old friends or people i know are caught up.

Back