Lost all respect for mendes

i lost a bit of respect too. i mean, how could he try a technique that he didnt master

TV-rape-scenes-KILL-BILL-eye.gif

tumblr_lyzbn3sZmJ1qc2pw4o1_500.gif

noob

Last edited:
I was fuming when it first happened, but then he lost and all was right in the world again. After the fight I actually gained respect for Chad when he was humble in defeat, he and Conor embraced and showed respect to one another, then did so again in his post fight speech.

So while it was dirty as fuck, he redeemed himself and I can't hold it against him.

If Conor doesn't give a fuck neither should you. Also how is Mendes taking the news of your banishing him from your good book?

No worse than Conor asking the ref to stand them up while stuck in Chad's guard

I don't get why people are making a big deal about this. Chad was in full guard and throwing one punch every 20 seconds without trying to pass.

Robbie Lawler put his hands up to the ref, during his first fight with Rory when Rory was just laying on him, and no one cared, because Rory wasn't doing shit. The ref stood them up, and no one made a thread whining about Robbie doing it.

This is one of the few things that Conor haters have left to try to reach for

I don't get why people are making a big deal about this. Chad was in full guard and throwing one punch every 20 seconds without trying to pass.

Robbie Lawler put his hands up to the ref, during his first fight with Rory when Rory was just laying on him, and no one cared, because Rory wasn't doing shit. The ref stood them up, and no one made a thread whining about Robbie doing it.

This is one of the few things that Conor haters have left to try to reach for

People are obvious making a bigger deal about this.

And a nice little headbutt afterwards lmao.

It's a fight .....you gotta do what you gotta do sometimes 😀😀😀

I gained respect for him after taking the fight on short notice and not making any excuses.

Yeah, the finger in the eye and cut was dirty but fuck it, it's a fight. If Conor did it I wouldn't give a shit.

This.

Wow what a dirty tactic. Wow, I also have lost respect for Mendes, can't believe he'd do this.

I agree. Mendes went for the eye gouge several times during the fight. It was very blatantly dirty.

And then after the fight and in the post fight conference, he was a gentleman. Didn't like it.

Props to him for taking the fight on short notice... not really, it was a no brainer, a total win-win.

No worse than Conor asking the ref to stand them up while stuck in Chad's guard

Chad was crying to the ref to make the elbows start. The fight should have been stood up. No matter what Rogan said he wasn't doing anything on top. The sec he tried Conor stood up.

Yeah, I thought I saw that. Wasn't sure if it was an eye gough attempt or trying to rip that cut open. I hear you guys saying 'but CAGE FIGHT!' I just don't like that crap at all. I didn't really give a shit about Mendes before and I guess I still don't. TAM fighters are kinda meh for me as far as entertainment and style. It's a bad look, though, IMO.

interesting how people cant care shit about disgusting dirty shit in a fight

if you need that to prove the fight wasn't fixed....well, I'm sorry.

Yeah, I thought I saw that. Wasn't sure if it was an eye gough attempt or trying to rip that cut open. I hear you guys saying 'but CAGE FIGHT!' I just don't like that crap at all. I didn't really give a shit about Mendes before and I guess I still don't. TAM fighters are kinda meh for me as far as entertainment and style. It's a bad look, though, IMO.

Yup, it's nasty however you look at it, and the people saying "well, I'd be OK if it was Conor that had done it" are absolute morons too. It's dirty and reflects poorly on the fighter doing it and it reflects poorly on the fans defending it.

Dirty..
That's about Aronaesque level of dirtyness here..

Can't support someone who resorts to such cheap tactics.
Glad he got smashed and I will root for him getting smashed again when he comes bacK..

I thought he was just doing a bad job of trying to cover up Conor's mouth while watching the fight live, but reviewing it now it's pretty clear he is trying to force the wound open.

Back