Lost Ark getting US release! Amazon games new 4k trailer

https://www.pcgamer.com/lost-ark-br...UDUG64_dLllveo8GOFnP5WgQqLqi9tzZfHcyuqFNjj_LA

1 million concurrent players and the top concurrent number of players on steam for the day. Not a bad launch, all things considered. Lets see how many stick around. I wonder what would be a "successful" number of people to keep since an initial drop in player count is inevitable. The population has been steadily increasing in Korea and Russia overall.

Im like level 30 and once you get some trade skills and your stronghold it feels like the game is opening up a little bit. The end game is supposedly quite robust, so we'll see what happens.

Nice. How is the queue time. I've hesitated starting because of that.

Nice. How is the queue time. I've hesitated starting because of that.

Decently good I think.

Four of us tried it yesterday. We set it to the East Coast and then randomly started trying servers. The first three had queues ranging from 600 to 2000 but our 4th attempt was good and we immediately joined it. Each server has multiple channels and you are randomly sent to one of them. Hopping from channel to channel is super easy (tab on the top right). If the channel is full then you cannot join. There were plenty of channels for us to choose so we were easily able to play together.

Free games are usually p2w. I dont like the fact that game is free. If I had to fork out say 60-80$ the game would be way different in a better way.

Yeah, but "P2W" gets thrown around so often that its sorta meaningless and can be applied to almost anything you pay for. My biggest concern is how other people paying money affects me and my game. As far as I can tell, no matter how much money somebody spends on the game theyre playing, it wont have any effect on me.

What RNG gambling and advantages?

I mean, at the end of the day, being able to play the game for free without a monthly fee is a pretty good deal. So I have to weigh whatever advantages payers get with what I personally get by not paying for the game or a monthly fee.

You can buy certain material with real money for gambling on gear upgrades.

A lot of the gear score upgrading comes from upgrades with a random chance at the end game. A lot of KMMO games play like this.

The RNG is better than most, a lot of them have the gear you're trying to upgrade degrade or break on failure, but you'll still be spending tons of time or money to get best in slot gear.

Yeah, but "P2W" gets thrown around so often that its sorta meaningless and can be applied to almost anything you pay for. My biggest concern is how other people paying money affects me and my game. As far as I can tell, no matter how much money somebody spends on the game theyre playing, it wont have any effect on me.

There are areas of the game where it will impact you, the open world PvP in particular. The people spending money will just flat out have a higher gear score than you pretty much always.

The spendies will also be way ahead in content. Most of the high end content is gatekept by gear score and they will forever keep that advantage in open world combat from the gear they get in dungeons you can't even enter.

1-50 is basically the tutorial for your class. A lot of the more features that benefit from paying you won't experience till 50+.

There are areas of the game where it will impact you, the open world PvP in particular. The people spending money will just flat out have a higher gear score than you pretty much always.

The spendies will also be way ahead in content. Most of the high end content is gatekept by gear score and they will forever keep that advantage in open world combat from the gear they get in dungeons you can't even enter.

1-50 is basically the tutorial for your class. A lot of the more features that benefit from paying you won't experience till 50+.

So have you already reached 50?

giphy.gif
Han Solo, forever shooting first.

Started this up last night as a Paladin. Seems pretty fun so far but I didn't do much. Going to restart so I can get into the same server as a coworker. Combat does seem real fun but will see how it goes. Just going to play this while I wait for ER.

Another pretty big pay 2 win/progress feature you'll run into if you play long term.

You need phoenix plumes to instant revive. There is a finite number you can obtain in the game and once you're out of them you can only buy them with real money.

It will exponentially increase the time to clear the end game dungeons if you can't instant revive. The way boss mechanics work means your team will wipe repeatedly while learning them and if you don't have plumes you at minimum have to run all the way back through the dungeon to the boss to try again.

tldr;

1-50, don't use any phoenix plumes. Save them for endgame content if that's your goal or get ready to bust out your credit card.

Another pretty big pay 2 win/progress feature you'll run into if you play long term.

You need phoenix plumes to instant revive. There is a finite number you can obtain in the game and once you're out of them you can only buy them with real money.

It will exponentially increase the time to clear the end game dungeons if you can't instant revive. The way boss mechanics work means your team will wipe repeatedly while learning them and if you don't have plumes you at minimum have to run all the way back through the dungeon to the boss to try again.

tldr;

1-50, don't use any phoenix plumes. Save them for endgame content if that's your goal or get ready to bust out your credit card.

I really don't mind spending money on these sort of games if it's worth it and the game is well made. I'm not going to worry about it now and just see for myself and if the prices are reasonable then I'll be fine spending it.

Put in about 40 hours the first week so far, really enjoying it. Like the different classes and the great skill customization we get for them. They added so many touches to take away from the crazy ass grind MMO's can be and make this more forgiving and more options to progress then most.

Combat is what keeps this game fresh, guesting is meh , story is meh the party system needs work. Worth a drop in as its free content.

Dont know if it was the 4 hours of sleep i got last night and or my mindset from being the sixteenth hour of my seventeen hour game session. Segment of one quest line nearly brought me to tears.

Back