Love handles

Robocok

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've never had these until the last couple years. Is this just a fat placement issue or will doing oblique exercises help tighten this area up? I don't like the way this looks with my side fat sort of spilling over my shorts.

I want a build like the guy in the first pic. Is this possible natty?

7675fcd52a3b67ddc07eca530d833277.jpg obliques-750x422.jpg af44d941704795dbd854b1e72beaeda5.jpg

giphy.gif

For the fat placement part you just need to eat clean and make sure you're burning enough calories but that first guy has visible oblique muscle, so you'd need to do more oblique exercises to build the muscle there.

I assume you know spot reduction is a myth?

Youre gonna look like you live your lifestyle. Do you eat and live like a dude with love handles or do you get after it every day?
I've always struggled to put on weight. The last few years I've finally managed to put some weight on, then starting in 2016 I started going through periods where I lost tons of weight and muscle due to an autoimmune disorder. I seem to have gotten it under control thanks to aip diet. I'm training more now and feel better though I hurt my wrist in jiu jitsu last month. It's finally starting to heal so now I want to get at it again.

I feel skinny overall though except for the fat around my midsection. I want more muscle. I feel like I could easily lose my fat if I wanted to but I don't want to lose muscle because I'm already too skinny and weak as it is.

This pic is almost 2 months old. It's not too bad in the first pic but in the 2nd you can see it. I know I'm vain. Don't care if anyone thinks aesthetics are stupid. I'm trying to improve my appearance.
20191210_033712.jpg
20191210_033607.jpg

That doesn’t surprise me.
https://mennohenselmans.com/science-spot-reduction-myth/

Anecdotal evidence: when I used to race bicycles, the skin on my legs was much thinner than anywhere else on my body. I don't do as much with my legs now and the distribution of fat has changed, granted I have a lot more of it.

I don't think it's a big difference with spot fat reduction, but to say that it doesn't happen at all to any extent is debatable.

SKinny fat guys like you claim to be need to gain muscle and you will carry the weight better

Never been skinny fat myself but I have been skinny

I look much better at 190 than I did at 150

Gain muscle with progressive overload and you will look much better there is no such thing as spot fat reduction

SKinny fat guys like you claim to be need to gain muscle and you will carry the weight better

Never been skinny fat myself but I have been skinny

I look much better at 190 than I did at 150

Gain muscle with progressive overload and you will look much better there is no such thing as spot fat reduction
That's what I think. I need to get stronger. Just not happy with the shape. I've got a slight V at my lats and then it bulges out over my waistband. I know it's very vain but I want to fix it. I think I'm going to really target my obliques and see if it makes a difference if I build muscle there.

I posted a link

Nice. Best of luck maybe achieving minimal spot reduction under those highly specific conditions in that one study.

Maybe I missed it, but what method did they use to measure and attribute fat loss specifically to spot reduction if one of the three conditions is the person already being in a caloric deficit?

We’ll ignore the existing mountain of evidence leaning the other way.

Nice. Best of luck maybe achieving minimal spot reduction under those highly specific conditions in that one study.

Maybe I missed it, but what method did they use to measure and attribute fat loss specifically to spot reduction if one of the three conditions is the person already being in a caloric deficit?

We’ll ignore the existing mountain of evidence leaning the other way.
Hey bozo, learn to read.

Who's worse off, a "has been" or a "never was"?
It's questions like these that put Sherdog's F13 at the bleeding edge of 2020's philosophical discourse.

Back