Low-key banger fights that could be made in each division 2023

Moscardino

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
What are some fights that stand out to you as extremely compelling that haven't played out before and you've not noticed many people call for?

FLW: Kai Kara-France V Alex Perez
BW: Song Yadong V Rob Font
FW: Alex Caceres V Edson Barboza
LW: Rafael Fiziev V Jalin Turner
WW: Jack Della Maddalena V Ian Garry
MW: Sean Strickland V Marvin Vettori
LWH: Khalil Rountree Jr Vs Volkan Oezdemir
HW: Tai Tuivasa V Jairzinho Rozenstruik

WSW: Tecia Torres V Karolina Kowalkiewicz
WFW: Jessica Andrade V Jennifer Maia
WBW: Norma Dumont V Pannie Kianzad (This one is a stretch the division is so thin)

I wish they'd book Lewis vs. Rozenstruik for the Black Beast Championship.

Sanko as ref.

Sean Strickland vs Marvin Vettori is about as opposite to a “banger” as you can possibly get.

Remarkably similar styles and skill-level, I'm compelled to see if Sean's awkward style freezes Vettori as it does others. Both guys usually stand-up and Marvin comes forward, look at his fight against Costa and Dolidze. Both guys might be decision machines, but I think they'd clash really well. It's just really compelling me to see who would win.

I’d watch all of these. Most would be solid options for ppv undercard or fight night co-mains. But do agree with others, I wouldn’t call Vettori vs. Strickland a banger though it’s a fight that would make some sense and isn’t a bad match up. Just unlikely to be a super exciting fight.

Strickland vs Vettori would be a jab fest, my boy Marvin has no head movement.

Solid list although not sure that Cáceres would stand up to Edson’s power.

There’s nothing “low key” about that, though.

I think that would be an interesting fight though sir (Alex vs Edson)

Matt brown ( 3-0 against tuf winners ) vs Bryan Battle is close to the top of my most hoped for fights this year .

What are some fights that stand out to you as extremely compelling that haven't played out before and you've not noticed many people call for?

FLW: Kai Kara-France V Alex Perez
BW: Song Yadong V Rob Font
FW: Alex Caceres V Edson Barboza
LW: Rafael Fiziev V Jalin Turner
WW: Jack Della Maddalena V Ian Garry
MW: Sean Strickland V Marvin Vettori
LWH: Khalil Rountree Jr Vs Volkan Oezdemir
HW: Tai Tuivasa V Jairzinho Rozenstruik

WSW: Tecia Torres V Karolina Kowalkiewicz
WFW: Jessica Andrade V Jennifer Maia
WBW: Norma Dumont V Pannie Kianzad (This one is a stretch the division is so thin)

If Yair loses to volk, I've always wanted to see Yair vs. Kattar, and kattar is looking to fight at the end of the year.

125: Tatsuro Taira vs Manel Kape
135: Umar vs Sandhagen
145: Edson Barboza vs Zombie
155: Arman vs Fiziev
170: JDM vs Luque
185: Wolf vs Aliskerov 2
205: Pereira vs Hill
265: Gane vs Aspinall

Not sure if it's going to be with Font, but I can't wait to see Yadong's next banger.

Back