Lowest IQ move in recent memory with Jailton's decision to use both hands to hold onto Blaydes leg?

I think he got punched hard off of a scramble before the TD attempt?

No... that's what we suspected because it seems to be the only logical explanation, but replays and how he held onto the leg all seems to indicate that he was not rocked prior to the TD attempt.

It reminded me of Barnett v Browne.

In both cases, the head was on the wrong side (I believe).

Barnett admitted he fucked up. Jailton slipped and fucked up. Let's just say it's a lot easier to judge from here, than there.

Yeah, most likely it is not a mistake he will make again and sometimes, in the middle of a fight, people don't fight smart (I made a mistake in my first fight that I kept replaying over in my head and promised to never repeat).

But he's had 20 fights... And it wasn't some complex decision/strategy. You just have to realize you should probably move or block and not let a 265 pound monster punch you unimpeded.

Umm, am I crazy or is that absolutely normal? I only did 4 years of wrestling, so maybe I don't remember how takedowns work
Normal-ish in wrestling but with a fence to assist the takedown defense and punches to the head allowed, the standard for how well set-up a takedown needs to be is wayyyyy higher

thank god razor blaydes punished him. yeah, you gotta stop the other fighter from imposing his will and crotch-sniffing for 15 minutes, but god do i hate that style. the guy barely threw a punch. god bless blaydes, well done

That fight went exactly how I predicted

Alameida has one effective style that won him all these fights and sadly for him not every takedown works. Blaydes is an incredible wrestler. I guess it only takes a handful of those hard shots to forget what you're doing until unconscious

Kind of like Browne vs Barnett

This is like the reverse of the clueless striker fighting a wrestler and not knowing the first thing about defending a takedown. James Toney vs. Randy Couture like, or CM Punk vs. Mickey Gall.

Jailton shoots for a takedown, locks his hands to hold onto Blaydes' leg. Then he takes (without trying to block or avoid) about 10 to 12 heavy shots from a 265 lbs heavy puncher, when nothing was preventing him from choosing to use his left hand to block the shots. Then he then realizes, oh shit, this is not grappling only, striking is allowed. And rolls over and basically submits to strikes.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

It was so dumb that Rogan thought Jailton must have gotten rocked on the entry, I mean, who would let a heavyweight rain down 10 punches to your head unanswered when you have a hand that you could use to block?

It's hard to see because of the gif's frame rate, but I think Blaydes slips in an uppercut during the takedown attempt that causes Almeida to slump to his knees. (Watch Blaydes's right hand swing underneath Almeida's left armpit.) Then, once Almeida is already stunned and not as able to defend, the followup punches to the side of the head finish the job.

Slip a few punches to the back of the head while at it...ref wont do shit, get the TKO.

No they weren't. The couple that landed to the back of the head were because Almeida turned his head that way. Perfectly legal.
So they landed on the back of the head...but its the other guy fault, got it.

Francis switching stances

*I know I know… wrong forum

He made a mistake by trying to lift Blaydes' leg after a crappy TD attempt for whatever reason rather than letting go or at least trying to pull it to the to the left of him (Cutback Knee Pull) to try to complete a takedown. I think he was rocked from first hammerfists and it was too late for anything afterwards .. yeah low IQ moment..

Last edited:
Reminds me of Gus in the clinch with DC and defending uppercuts with his face.

This is like the reverse of the clueless striker fighting a wrestler and not knowing the first thing about defending a takedown. James Toney vs. Randy Couture like, or CM Punk vs. Mickey Gall.

Jailton shoots for a takedown, locks his hands to hold onto Blaydes' leg. Then he takes (without trying to block or avoid) about 10 to 12 heavy shots from a 265 lbs heavy puncher, when nothing was preventing him from choosing to use his left hand to block the shots. Then he then realizes, oh shit, this is not grappling only, striking is allowed. And rolls over and basically submits to strikes.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

It was so dumb that Rogan thought Jailton must have gotten rocked on the entry, I mean, who would let a heavyweight rain down 10 punches to your head unanswered when you have a hand that you could use to block?
He got sprawled on coming in and stuck under Blaydes. That finishing sequence is only a couple seconds with multiple shots to the back of the head. Even Blaydes was worried about the DQ at the end there before the replay.

So they landed on the back of the head...but its the other guy fault, got it.

Why is that such a difficult concept for you? If you throw a punch and the guy does a spinning attack, causing you to strike the back of his head instead of the front where you were aiming for, there's not a ref in the world that would penalize you for that.

Why is that such a difficult concept for you? If you throw a punch and the guy does a spinning attack, causing you to strike the back of his head instead of the front where you were aiming for, there's not a ref in the world that would penalize you for that.
Thats one extreme example, was it Woodley vs some korean guy? Yeah, this is not it.

Almeida would have lost no matter what imo. I called it before the fight, Blades is Almeida's kryptonite. If he hadn't gotten finished when he did, he would had eventually gassed and gotten finished later in the fight imo. He's too much of a one trick poney.
I was saying this MONTHS ago as well as a few others and we just got laughed at lol. Crazy how things change so fast on sherdog.

Thats one extreme example, was it Woodley vs some korean guy? Yeah, this is not it.

You could use a refresher on the rules. Big John talks about strikes to the back of the head at around 2:45

He got sprawled on coming in and stuck under Blaydes. That finishing sequence is only a couple seconds with multiple shots to the back of the head. Even Blaydes was worried about the DQ at the end there before the replay.

I thought that at first too, that his left hand must have been pinned down after he got sprawled. But on the replay, it showed clearly that his left hand was not being pinned by Blaydes, but that Almeida chose to keep his hands locked and his head exposed.

It's hard to see because of the gif's frame rate, but I think Blaydes slips in an uppercut during the takedown attempt that causes Almeida to slump to his knees. (Watch Blaydes's right hand swing underneath Almeida's left armpit.) Then, once Almeida is already stunned and not as able to defend, the followup punches to the side of the head finish the job.

I thought that must be the most logical explanation, but looking at it closely, it does not appear to be the case at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back