Luke Rockhold have made 2,000,000$ totally in ufc

That's before taxes, fees, and expenses right??

Over 9 years. That's what, 250k per year? That's less than the professional class in USA (doctors, pharmacist, veteran engineers, lawyers in certain industries etc)'

A pretty average joe on Wall Street makes more money than him.

Lol professional engineer here. You’re way off base lumping us in with doctors and lawyers. But, the spirit of your post is not wrong. It’s just that STEM careers are vastly under valued in the US. Perhaps the guys that start successful consulting companies or capitalize on a niche expertise may see that kind of money.

And yet he is bashing his boss Dana and wants a titlefight if Alex Pereria wins.

Source:

Jan Blachowicz L $200,000 $0 $10,000 $210,000
Yoel Romero L $350,000 $0 $105,000 $30,000 $485,000
David Branch W $85,000 $85,000 $10,000 $180,000
Michael Bisping L $250,000 $0 $40,000 $290,000
Chris Weidman W $80,000 $80,000 $50,000 $30,000 $240,000
Lyoto Machida W $75,000 $75,000 $50,000 $200,000
Michael Bisping W $50,000 $50,000 $50,000 $150,000
Total UFC Earnings: $2,290,925 ($2.290 million)

He better show some gratefullnes! I have ffs 2900$ on my bank account but i am not bashing my boss .
That's over 7 years. It's a little over 300k a year. You have to subtract training expenses from that. Luke was a UFC champion and a Strikeforce champion. I think you left out a few fights (Vitor, Boetsch etc..). For a guy as good as Luke was I think that sucks. He's getting too old to model now and he doesn't have the rapping talent of Tyron Woodley.

Over 9 years. That's what, 250k per year? That's less than the professional class in USA (doctors, pharmacist, veteran engineers, lawyers in certain industries etc)'

And goes to work more than 2-3 times a year for less than 30 minutes.

For the reigning Strikeforce Champion who came over to the UFC and then became the UFC Champion...Ya know he had an incredibly exciting fighting style and marketable good looks.

Making 2.3m over 7 total fights is pretty bad. The guy headlined several cards in those 7 fights.

making 250k and 400k in his title fights were going rate at the time. you damn well know he didnt make 2.3 million in strikeforce

I mean it's not like that's a lot,.considering the level he was at.

And goes to work more than 2-3 times a year for less than 30 minutes.
Lol this MMA fighters only work 15 minutes stuff has been debunked about 5 thousand times on here.

Rockhold should've gone into the NFL & be WR averaging 2.8mil a season while getting concussed every Sunday for 18weeks.
The magic answer is, it depends, but I wonder how many NFL games worth of CTE fights like this are worth.

Attachments

• upload_2022-11-11_17-41-0.png
    upload_2022-11-11_17-41-0.png
    224.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Lol this MMA fighters only work 15 minutes stuff has been debunked about 5 thousand times on here.
no it hasn't. Training is fun, it's not work. Now attending events, that sucks and can be work claim.

The magic answer is, it depends, but I wonder how many NFL games worth of CTE fights like this are worth.
View attachment 952388

I was messing around, i just find these whole fighter pay threads stupid. They picked their occupation, hell some people make less than 2mil in their lifetime while working jobs being exposed to cancerous/hazardous material. I don't feel sympathy for these "athletes." They're doing better than 95% of the planet when it comes to income.

I was messing around, i just find these whole fighter pay threads stupid. They picked their occupation, hell some people make less than 2mil in their lifetime while working jobs being exposed to cancerous/hazardous material. I don't feel sympathy for these "athletes." They're doing better than 95% of the planet when it comes to income.
The way I see it, just because somebody has it worse, doesn't mean others should suffer more.

Athletes should be entitled to a significant portion of the money they generate, otherwise what schmuck is it all going to? Every profession should be striving to get their fair share.
(Though there are plenty of people out there with an exaggerated sense of self worth who damage this sentiment)

no it hasn't. Training is fun, it's not work. Now attending events, that sucks and can be work claim.
Lol just because you find training fun doesn't mean it isn't work. Lots of these guys are doing 2 a days 6 days a week. That's definitely work.

Much less when you factor in the cost of trainers, gym fees, travel, etc.

Lol just because you find training fun doesn't mean it isn't work. Lots of these guys are doing 2 a days 6 days a week. That's definitely work.
That would be amazing. Paid to trainy , sleepy, eaty

The way I see it, just because somebody has it worse, doesn't mean others should suffer more.

Athletes should be entitled to a significant portion of the money they generate, otherwise what schmuck is it all going to? Every profession should be striving to get their fair share.
(Though there are plenty of people out there with an exaggerated sense of self worth who damage this sentiment)
While I agree with you, most of these "athletes"/fighters are paid pretty handsomely, most of them are just stupid with how they use their income and feel entitled to much more given how horrible they're at their jobs(fighting). If they think they're not getting paid enough then they should come back to reality and live the life rest of us, struggling getting by. But this is Sherdog where everyone here is 6'4 240lbs muscle, banging 11/10s, bringing home millions every month. So we think fighters making millions is peanuts to us.

Training full time is fun...? I think you're confusing training as a hobby for the type of training a professional fighter will do. Much less fight camps.

There are a reason why these guys are injured all the time. I mean if you're arguing that they like their job and they should shut up then like...a lot of people like their desk jobs too?

What is this dystopian reality where every pencil pusher out there is living a depraved tortuous life like in Office Space or something?

Lol professional engineer here. You’re way off base lumping us in with doctors and lawyers. But, the spirit of your post is not wrong. It’s just that STEM careers are vastly under valued in the US. Perhaps the guys that start successful consulting companies or capitalize on a niche expertise may see that kind of money.
Engineers make way more money than lawyers. Engineers are hard capped for their ceiling a lot of the time but their floors are significantly higher (also way more in demand which has its own abstract value). Most lawyers are very middle class, but there are more chances at making silly money.

But yeah, I wasn't sure what the proper adverb was to describe the type of engineers I was thinking.

Not a ton of money but the guy has fought 7 times? Hes not a reliable worker.

Dude makes less than i do working in tech.

Back