Luke Rockhold is the only fighter that could pose a threat to Jones at LHW

Lol- not anymore. His only chance would be Rockhold turned single,double leg wrestler at all costs and hope he doesnt get caught with something on the way in (which I believe he would).
Rockhold is a beast but gets touched far too easily while standing. What do you think happens TODAY when Luke runs into a bones elbow? Good night Irene and I mean 1 single blow.... over

I'm sorry, but no one that gets KO'd by a mediocre fighter like Michael Bisping is a threat to Bones.

Nah. Luke doesn't have the wrestling to beat Jon. If he had Khabib level takedowns he'd be dominant in 2 divisions though. He has the scariest top game I've ever seen in MMA by a mile.

The argument with Jones being better than Rockhold is self evident. I didn't know I had to detail why he's better than Rockhold. Jones has never lost a fight. He beat DC twice and DC loses to nobody at LHW or HW not named Jones. He was the youngest champion in UFC history at 23 years old. He beat 5 former champions consecutively, finishing 4 of the 5. He beat one of his biggest rivals in Gus so bad the second fight Gus barely touched him. His control of range through a very dynamic kicking game is the best I've ever seen. His clinch is one of the best in the sport. His top control is devastating. His defensive wrestling so so good we've never seen his guard tested in his career. Think about that, we've never even seen Jones' guard. He is a gdamn cage assassin.

Listen, I don't disagree with you. But everything is not black or white.

Rockhold's biggest weakness is being susceptible to punches. JJ biggest flaw is not being a good puncher. They are both world class level graplers and kickers.

In my mind, Rockhold could be toughest challenge for JJ behind DC and Gus.

Maybe I am wrong. I wouldn't pun money on Rockhold, but I wouldn't be surpiresed if Rockhold manage to outwit JJ and sub him.

In my mind he mathches up better with JJ than anybody in LHW right now.

Listen, I don't disagree with you. But everything is not black or white.

Rockhold's biggest weakness is being susceptible to punches. JJ biggest flaw is not being a good puncher. They are both world class level graplers and kickers.

In my mind, Rockhold could be toughest challenge for JJ behind DC and Gus.

Maybe I am wrong. I wouldn't pun money on Rockhold, but I wouldn't be surpiresed if Rockhold manage to outwit JJ and sub him.

In my mind he mathches up better with JJ than anybody in LHW right now.

Fair enough, and if it makes you feel any better I'm well aware that virtually anyone can beat anyone else at any moment. That is the nature of MMA, really of sports in general. Rockhold could beat Bones. I don't think he would but I recognize he could.

Walker will be the biggest challenge for Jones

I think its possible, Rockhold does obviously have a weakness when it comes to boxing but that's not something Jones is best placed to exploit, throwing from range is Jon's game and that's Rockhold is best at. Grappling I'd guess Jones would have the wrestling advantage but I'm not sure whether he would be able to threaten Rockhold on his back and might be in danger himself there. I think he'd keep it standing personally.

I don't know about that. Jones is very very special and the best fighter in MMA, its gonna take someone special to beat him. Rockhold doesn't always show up on the night, I think he is very good in the gym and would probably beat Belfort, Bisping, Romero in the gym, but when the pressure is on he is not the same animal. Jones would eat him alive I feel.

I always remember hearing ages ago someone said that Luke does really well in the gym against Cormier in sparring, but if they actually had a fight in a big show with 20,000 in the arena and millions watching on TV that Cormier would beat the absolute shit outta him. That always stuck in my mind. I think its true.

Luke thinks he is better than Jones at everything

giphy.gif

<JonesDXSuckIt> TS

Rockhold was genuinely hilarious on the MMA hour. That picogram comment about Bones almost had Thomas spitting his Coffee everywhere. Yes, he has been humbled in the past, yes he is arrogant, but man he was funny. Luke the comedian.

Rockhold was genuinely hilarious on the MMA hour. That picogram comment about Bones almost had Thomas spitting his Coffee everywhere. Yes, he has been humbled in the past, yes he is arrogant, but man he was funny. Luke the comedian.

timestamped link to that pictogram comment please.

After seeing branch have Luke in bad shape pretty quick idk if I'd sign him up for Jon. To be fair Luke won that fight and has had a solid career. If Luke comes out and gets a couple wins I'd be down for him and Jones but make no mistake he'll be a sizable dog

After seeing branch have Luke in bad shape pretty quick idk if I'd sign him up for Jon. To be fair Luke won that fight and has had a solid career. If Luke comes out and gets a couple wins I'd be down for him and Jones but make no mistake he'll be a sizable dog

Luke's only enemy is his chin. The bad chin made him lose his confidence too. But Jones doesn't posses that one punch KO power, so Luke's chances in this one are pretty good.

Luke's only enemy is his chin. The bad chin made him lose his confidence too. But Jones doesn't posses that one punch KO power, so Luke's chances in this one are pretty good.

Some of what your saying here I agree with but I cant say Luke's chances would be pretty good. That's like saying a 10+ point underdog in football has a really good chance to win.

Truth is Luke could def win a fight vs Jon and so could anybody vs anybody, but he would not be expected to.

The only reason I'd like to see this fight is because it's win-win. Dislike both, and one of them gets to lose.

Back