News Luke Rockhold signs with Karate Combat, set to debut against former GLORY and Bellator veteran Joe Schilling on April 20

Smart career move by the former UFC Middleweight champion?

• Total voters
Solid fight actually. Id like to see Schilling brutally KO'd again. Genuinely a piece of human garbage. Fortunately this promotion favors Lukes style, hes way more accomplished as a fighter and has been more recently active so he should at least win.

Schilling is a fucking can in MMA

Hope Big Luke knocks him out!
Was it Schilling who said Anderson Silva’s striking wasn’t ”anything special” before the Nick Diaz vs Silva fight? In the promos? I’m pretty sure it was him. He says that and is getting KO’d left and right by the Tony Johnsons of the MMA world.

I’d love to see Rockhold shut him up

jOyh3v.gif
Idk why, but the fact that someone made of a GIF of this is fucking hilarious.

Was it Schilling who said Anderson Silva’s striking wasn’t ”anything special” before the Nick Diaz vs Silva fight? In the promos? I’m pretty sure it was him. He says that and is getting KO’d left and right by the Tony Johnsons of the MMA world.

I’d love to see Rockhold shut him up
Yeah it was. Not the first American MT fighter to make that claim and proceed to get cooked by Bellator's bottom feeders.

Luke Rockhold’s post-UFC journey continues with a foray into the Karate Combat pit.

Former UFC and Strikeforce middleweight champion Rockhold has signed a contract with Karate Combat and will make his debut at Karate Combat 45 on April 20 in Dubai against former GLORY and Bellator veteran Joe Schilling.

Both athletes announced the booking on Wednesday. No weight class was revealed for the contest:

Lol that's a match I never imagined would happen. I really like it!

Not sure whether it's smart or not. I think the dude has a lot to address in his life, if he wants to come anywhere remotely close to his former self. So the general decisions he makes towards managing his life and career/training are more important than the particular fight. And I don't know what exactly he is doing these days. Though I've listened to him talk on Rampage's podcast (honestly I think it might be the best MMA podcast out there), recently. I haven't heart enough to get a good impression of whether he is on the right track or not. To be real with you, the dude needs spiritual (and mental) help I think.

Joe Schilling however is also not known for making the best life choices and he is extremely incosistent. So it should be a winnable fight for Luke, but also for Schilling. It's hard to tell.

Has Schilling fought at Karate Combat before? That could be an advantage if he has.

Schilling is a rarely terrible person who is also glass chinned. Most fun fighter to root against, hope Gilbert Yvel is the special guest referee. Rare WAR ROCKHOLD. Feel like I haven't typed that since strikeforce.

Back