Media Luke Rockhold still thinks he beats elite UFC fighters

giphy-downsized-large.gif

In a pure grappling match, sure I'd give the advantage to Luke.

But the last thing Luke wants to do is strike with a guy who is known for his left hook lol. Bisping, Romero, Jan all KO'd him with that exact punch.

On top of that, Pereira is a big dude. No idea if Luke can actually take him down.

I mean, if he could get Pereira to the ground it would be over pretty fast, Luke has arguably the best top game in MMA. He likely gets ko'd as fast as Strickland did tho.

Rough times for Luke.
Paulo broke his nose, Mike his teeth and now he is asking for more.

It seems like he has a good plastic surgeon and a good dentist, now he needs a good psychologist to put his delusions away and he can finally retire in peace and enjoy life.

The Luke Chokes dat one Trick Ponty in Da first Round.

Didn't he cry "im too old" after the Costa fight?

Yeah, Rockhold looks to have aged rapidly. He got his teeth knocked out by Platinum, he had a sloppy, gassed decision loss to Costa and said he was too old for this anymore. But here's the thing, Rockhold isn't married, he's got no kids, he has tons of money, he was a former UFC and Strikeforce champ. He hangs around the MMA and combat sports scene, he will fight again, he's going to delusionally believe in himself. It's just how it goes. Rockhold has always been a pretty ego driven guy.

It's not unreasonable to think that Rockhold beats Perreira. Obviously he has to take him down to do so, but it's not like Perreira has been beating ground experts left and right.

I have this weird feeling we'll look back at Pereira's UFC career in the future and he'll have a UFC record of like 5-9 with submission and TKO losses and we'll go wow he really swooped in at the right time and managed to grab the gold for a moment

Back