Media Luke Rockhold talking about Alex Pereira

Tbf Alex would one shot Luke at this point.

I think the Luke that beat Machida and Weidman would have a shot. On top he was deadly. But could he get Alex on the ground? Machdia slipped and Weidman threw that weird kick. Still he was pretty dangerous with body locks then I guess. Big guy. Would be a good fight.

The last thing Luke would remember in that fight would be Poatan going "do you know where you are huahh?" in his face.

Fighters thrive on self belief, it keeps them going

Luke in his prime did look like he'll be a top 5 MW goat

But honestly his close range boxing has always been shaby

<Fedor23>

It's kind of true, but people blow it way out of proportion. He's obviously gotten preferential matchmaking and a title shot for 4th UFC fight with a 6-1 pro record, but more than a few people completely exaggerate how bad his ground game is. It's not like anybody can just take him down and sub him instantly, he's good enough for basic defense.

<Fedor23>

It's kind of true, but people blow it way out of proportion. He's obviously gotten preferential matchmaking and a title shot for 4th UFC fight with a 6-1 pro record, but more than a few people completely exaggerate how bad his ground game is. It's not like anybody can just take him down and sub him instantly, he's good enough for basic defense.
He trains full time with Glover for going on years now. Jan wrestle fucked Izzy and couldn't do it to Perreira. It isn't like every other MW or LHW is a decorated wrestler either. Hill, Izzy, Strickland, Jiri, DDP, Cannonier. Minimal wrestling or grappling accades. And those are the top of the food chain kind of guys.

For a striker Perrwira has the right build for anti-wrestling, as he's built like a brick shithouse. It's not like he's a gangly ass Semmy Schilt. Wonderboy has done well and isn't as athletic as Poatan.

Maybe Ankalaev or someone can wrestle fuck him, but it doesn't seem like a massive weakness at this point.

Wonderboy has done well and isn't as athletic as Poatan.

Maybe Ankalaev or someone can wrestle fuck him, but it doesn't seem like a massive weakness at this point.
Man, Wonderboy at 40 is still a far better athlete than Poatan. Flexibility, co-ordination and speed all go to Wonderboy. Poatan is no joke athletically obviously, strong as a bull, power for days, an absolute monster for sure and he'd kill Wonderboy if they were to fight. Also, he's pretty handy with the bow.

for reference, kids, let me educate you: luke rockhold is the guy who quit in the middle of the fight because he got his grill smashed in by mike perry. he also got walk off KOed bu one eyed michael bisping. wouldnt kid ya. consider these things when you listen to his "take".

have a good day :D

Oh, and he also insulted them all before getting FUBARed by them all <lol>

Man, Wonderboy at 40 is still a far better athlete than Poatan. Flexibility, co-ordination and speed all go to Wonderboy. Poatan is no joke athletically obviously, strong as a bull, power for days, an absolute monster for sure and he'd kill Wonderboy if they were to fight. Also, he's pretty handy with the bow.

I think Poatan has Wonderboy beat in terms of speed/power/strength. Wonderboy is more flexible. Not sure how you assess which one is more coordinated. I've never seen either look uncoordinated.

Luke the disdainful who makes a habit of keeping his chin in the air because he knows he is just that damn good and yeah he got KO'd but deep in his heart he knows he is better than them .

this one just doesn't get old

Luke the disdainful who makes a habit of keeping his chin in the air because he knows he is just that damn good and yeah he got KO'd but deep in his heart he knows he is better than them .

this one just doesn't get old

Spinning Jesus Kick of Doom!

Back