Luke Rockhold vs. Chris Weidman II in the Works For UFC 230 in NYC

Who Wins?

• Total voters
This is a pale imitation of the first fight. Shit matchmaking.

Weidman KO's Cuckhold. Salt-Like City's class chin can't withstand Weidman's power.

GSP worked out pretty damn well last year. Like I said though, I don't personally know, but I expect at least two titles on the card, even if one ends up being say an interim FW fight between Ortega/?.
Yeah maybe Ortega, I didn't think of him.

Depending on 227 you may also end up with Cejudo vs. DJ III or Garbrandt vs. Dillashaw III.

Weird. I thought Rockhold was on his way up to 205 and Weidman was going to fight Paulo Costa. I don't really like this rematch at the moment.

Especially if it's like a #1 contender thing. These guys have altered wins and losses with huge gaps of inactivity after losing the belt. We need fresh matchups indeed.

I hope it happens I've always felt chris got a raw deal with this and I'm thinking he evens the score. Smart move by him to avoid Costa too.

I like this rematch. I think Chris takes it. Lukes more battle worn and injuries, the cut aint getting easier + Chris gifted him that win with the kick

rockhold is just plain better, it's just so hard putting faith in his chin/defense though.

really hope he smashes weidman again.

The top 2 guys who have the most haters due to sheer jealousy.

Would be interesting if they fought at lhw

annother unnecessary rematch. Much better fights for both of them available.

Its like rematching Anderson Silva and Chris Leben after the first beat down.

The Chris wins by KO in round 1.

Still my boy !
<StillMyBoy><StillMyBoy><StillMyBoy>

Also lol @ Rocksalt staying down at 185lbs after seeing that Yoel is going to 205lbs.
Shogun getting his ass served might have something to do with it. DC probably had it planned out; beat Shogun, then give up the LHW belt, fight Brock, retire and give up the HW the belt, with both his buddies Luke and Cain sliding into a vacate belt title fight against Gustafsson and Miocic/Blaydes.

A rematch so overdue, I've kinda lost a bit of interest, still a great match up.

It's kinda funny when you realize both of these guys were MW champ.

Also kinda funny when you realize Yoel ran through both of these guys, yet was never champ.

Weidman is done. He won’t do well here and his career at the top is over.

Two of the saltiest fighters in the game. Can we have a double KO?

Judging from te first fight alone it would make sense to pick Rockhold for the win.

However both fighters looked to have declined sharply with injuries and losses so it should be interesting.

Winner of this fight is probably going to fight the winner of Whittaker vs Gastelum for the belt and deservingly so.

that sucks, tbh.

why make this fight when Luke's future is clearly at 205? so he's going to murder himself again to make 185 to fight a guy he brutally stopped already?

maybe he figures that he is all but guaranteed a title shot, if he wins. still, there are plenty more compelling fights at 205, and he could only need a couple of wins there to get a title shot after DC retires/vacates/whatever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derik
Back