Luke Thomas on Ariel Helwani:"We are not friends and i dont intend on us ever being friends" UPDATED

Difference between Ariel and Luke is - with Ariel, he wants things for himself and he gets them by giving people what they want. He'll shut up, talk up, promote or denigrate himself, buddy up or condemn, stir drama or deflate a situation - do anything to entertain people by doing his job. Get it? Job comes before him. With Luke - it's only about him. He couldn't care less about anyone but himself all of the time on all of the levels. Everything he does has to be about him. That's why he's insufferable and has these weak bitch followers who crave a daddy to guide the way and tell them how to think.

Look you clown (aka herwaldni). The guy puts out more mma content than anyone right now. Stop your bitching.

He is only "insufferable" if you have a weak personality and get offended easily like "a weak bitch" as you say. He is a straight shooter. Passive aggressive people (sneaky ppl like you and helwani) don't like straight shooters because you are by nature not confrontational in real life - you are sneaks.

From experience, the straight shooters are the ones you can trust in life.

1 post and I analyzed you quick like prime anderson silva would in round 1. Get lost you bum.

Luke Bless.

THats uh, not the high road....the high road is not talking about it at all

Like I said, you have no argument.
https://deadspin.com/blackballed-mma-reporter-admits-he-was-ufcs-paid-shill-1780851837

The biggest of these was admitting that his checks for appearing on Fox’s pre- and post-fight shows—checks which have since been cut off after Fox fired him at, he says, the UFC’s behest—were signed by Zuffa, UFC’s parent company. As Helwani explained it, his checks went from Fox to Zuffa to Helwani, and he accepted this, despite extensively describing how he learned in journalism school that this was absolutely something he shouldn’t have done:

The catch was that, for the pre and post fight shows, the check has to be signed by Zuffa. So, UFC Tonight is one contract, and that is a Fox production, Zuffa has nothing to do with that, but, even though Fox is paying the UFC for those broadcasts, weigh-in shows, post-fight shows, all that stuff, the money is going from Fox, to Zuffa, to the talent. ... The first class I ever took at [Syracuse University’s] Newhouse [School], in journalism, was journalism ethics, and they hammer that down your throat. There is like a rule that you can’t take anything above $30. I kid you not. Because you can’t owe them anything if you want to be unbiased.

There’s no reason to pretend that pre- and post-game shows are bastions of journalism righteousness, but this is categorically different than the tangled relationships broadcasters have with rights-holders. The NFL, for instance, severely influences how ESPN reports on concussions, and ESPN has a distinct interest in buffering the NFL’s reputation, but the NFL doesn’t directly cut checks to NFL reporters who appear on ESPN.

You must be casual if you don't know Dana made Ariel.

ub6KafF.jpg

If you didn't want to get into details, then why the fuck did you bring it up in the first place???

"Oh yeah guys, I sweeeeeaaaaaar I reeeeeaaalllllllly don't want to talk about this thing that I myself am bringing up"
Seriously...that’s also not the fucking high road.

You must be casual if you don't know Dana made Ariel.
You must be a casual if you don't know that Dana fired Ariel because he refused to kiss his ass.

Oh. And btw, early in Ariel's career, Dana refused to let him get a press pass. He had to get Kevin Iole to convince Dana to let him in. They've been against him from the beginning. Who's the casual exactly?

Look you clown (aka herwaldni). The guy puts out more mma content than anyone right now. Stop your bitching.

He is only "insufferable" if you have a weak personality and get offended easily like "a weak bitch" as you say. He is a straight shooter. Passive aggressive people (sneaky ppl like you and helwani) don't like straight shooters because you are by nature not confrontational in real life - you are sneaks.

1 post and I analyzed you quick like prime anderson silva would in round 1. Get lost you bum.

Luke Bless.
Straight shooter?

“I don’t want to talk about this secret stuff because I’m taking the high road by announcing this on my radio show”

What a bitch move

You must be a casual if you don't know that Dana fired Ariel because he refused to kiss his ass.

Oh. And btw, early in Ariel's career, Dana refused to let him get a press pass. He had to get Kevin Iole to convince Dana to let him in. They've been against him from the beginning. Who's the casual exactly?

LOL you really are dumb or an Ariel shill

Last edited:
Who’s needs Conor
This the Money fight
Book it Dana!

Honestly enjoy Luke's MMA content much more than Ariel. Helwani is like the TMZ of MMA reporting.

Luke Bless.

Are you Luke's wife's boyfriend?

I'll take Ariels side any day over Luke even though Luke is a fellow Dying Fetus fan.

Talks about taking the high road

Starts instantly talking shit

for those that think that Luke is a turd and Ariel is a "good guy"

Ariel isn't disliked by many people because he doesn't stand for anything. thats why he works for ESPN and does interviews with Conor McGregor with 0 real questions. You can't hate him because he's literally an extension of ESPN. He's just a guy who wants to be friends with every fighter (impossible to do for a real journalist) and he'll promote anything for anyone as long as they give him the rub. Its extremely see-through. he'll call Khabib "brother" to his face, then go on a rant on why he can't box Floyd because "that's Conor's thing".

Luke on the other hand actually takes a stand and has an opinion, right or wrong. It's why he can go back and forth with Chael on a REAL level. As in, hey dude, you take the promotor's side on EVERY issue, you have 0 credibility on unions, fighter pay, etc. Chael can't say much back, but they can work it out behind the scenes and come to an understanding like men off camera.

Ariel will have a show with Chael where they fake argue about something but its never a real issue. its "OMG CONOR WILL COME BACK AGAINST FRANKIE IM TELLING YOU, THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN MMA". Not the giant lawsuit, not an entire division almost being cut, not UFC financially crippling their parent company to the point where they can't go public anymore. Nothing real.

you don't have to agree with Luke on anything, but you have to respect the amount of time, effort and understanding he has on MMA and MMA Media. Like many said, he knows what real journalism in MMA is (Karim Zidan who he shouts out every time he talks about this). Ariel is a pre-scripted ESPN tool that won't ever bring up fighter pay, or why UFC associates with extremely questionable people in Chechnya, or why Nunes never got real promo before the Ronda fight, or anything else of substance.

they're not even on the same plane. Like Luke said, you cannot be a truth teller in that industry and at the same time be very popular and have access to fighters/perks/scoops. That's not how it works.

Last edited:
I really don't like either one.

Chael and Bisping have better shows.

Took me a while to remember who Luke Thomas was. Anyway, who gives a shit about fake journalists drama?

Luke Bless.
You must be pretty pathetic to think that Luke has a likeable personality.

This is a pattern now with Thomas. Pretending to be taking the high road, then talking shit anyway. Luke, ‘taking the high road’ does not include insinuating that someone is a jerk and that you have dirt on him. Google it, since you’re such a serious journalist now.

You're an idiot

Back